McLaren Life banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Owner
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My passenger sun visor broke. It doesn’t have stiffness on the swivel, just hangs and swivels freely, if that makes sense. I took it apart, but obviously broken part is inside the headliner, and I need to remove the dome light to work in that area. 2016 570S. I gave dome light good tug, but would not budge. Any advice?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Pull harder with a trim tool. Four clips hold the light to the roof. All McLaren interior panel clips are extremely tight, probably to eliminate rattles.

·
Owner
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wstaab, can you please post side view pics? I am trying to determine the best place to put the pry tool.
(I have really, really bad luck breaking tabs/clips on vehicles, so I have to be real cautious.)
THANKS !

·
Owner
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump.
My part to fix my sun visor should arrive from my dealer any day. Dealer says headliner has to be removed. Studying it with a flashlight, I think I can fit the piece in with the dome light removed. Maybe some more pics - angles Wstaab, if you're still here. Anybody removed the dome light on a 570 ???

·
Registered
89 Posts
Only picture I have. Use plastic trim tool from the side and pry down with some force. No bolts only 4 metal tabs covered in fabric to eliminate rattles.
Option is to go to an automotive upholstery shop and have them remove the light fixture.

·
Owner
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump. Wow dome light just will not budge. I tried, to the point of headliner wanting to rip, put pry tool everywhere, and the dome light just will not budge. Anyone else have any ideas of how to remove the dome light? (2016 570S)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts