McLaren Life banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
Has anyone taken off the side vent and the top cap on their 570S? I can feel three screws on the inside, but I am wondering what else might be involved so I do not break anything.
Referring to the two carbon fiber parts in this photo.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Good morning, I just purchased replacement upper vent intake covers for the 570. I noticed that some said they go on with double face tape but the ones I received have mounts. Has anyone actually removed these before as well as the ones on the sides?

greatly appreciated

Rectangle Artifact Natural material Font Metal

Sports equipment Sports gear Automotive design Goggles Helmet

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Good morning, I just purchased replacement upper vent intake covers for the 570. I noticed that some said they go on with double face tape but the ones I received have mounts. Has anyone actually removed these before as well as the ones on the sides?

greatly appreciated

View attachment 220442
View attachment 220443
I need to do this to get one repainted. Those mounts look just like the inside trim piece that the seatbelt runs through. That just pushes/pries off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update: Bought a replacement, it definitely has threads on the mount holes, via metal inserts, not on the plastic. It's screwed in. And now to figure out how to get to those screws.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts