McLaren Life banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Can this be accomplished on our cars? What will need to be done exactly to get the crack/whip like sounds with downshifts and upshifts that the 675 and 600 LT make?

Registered
I did a Weistec tune a few months ago and was surprised that my car now cracks and pops more than a 675 without anything more than the factory sport exhaust. My son and I laugh at the "gunshots" when we downshift or let off the throttle. I live in New Orleans so we call them gunshots!

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I did a Weistec tune a few months ago and was surprised that my car now cracks and pops more than a 675 without anything more than the factory sport exhaust. My son and I laugh at the "gunshots" when we downshift or let off the throttle. I live in New Orleans so we call them gunshots!
Awesome! Any chance you can send over some videos? Would love to hear it!!

Registered
I will. It has been raining here since last Friday but I should be able to drive after Christmas so I'll have my son record it. I was surprised at the added music when I drove the car after the tune. I got a lot more power and torque but can't figure out why the exhaust changed so much.

Registered
I鈥檓 pretty sure all the tuners can add the 鈥渂urble鈥 and pops and cracks. I know DME specializes in it (YouTube them and you will see what the tunes do). Down pipes really help with sound too but give it a real tuner type sound since you hear the turbos spooling.

Registered
I think the higher pitch of the new cars has to do with cylinder head design. Burbles and pops can be tuned into the older cars but the higher pitch I don鈥檛 think is possible.

Premium Member
Really hoping to hear the sound track for your Tune! Thanks in advavnce

1 - 9 of 9 Posts