McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Phil
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A bit of black wrap and a pinch of squirrel dust and this is the completely reversible look you can get for just a few hundred dollars!

;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Not a big fan of body wrap... but this looks great!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
It kind of looks like a Cylon from the original Battlestar Galactica TV show.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts

A bit of black wrap and a pinch of squirrel dust and this is the completely reversible look you can get for just a few hundred dollars!

;)
Is it just me, or does that actually look nicer than the HS? Much less busy, especially with your exterior colour choice and stealth pack.

Is it actually your car, or a Photoshop? What else would you wrap on the car?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Looks great Squirrel!

·
Registered
296 Posts
i think that is totally cool ! time for me to break out the sharpie !!:D

·
Phil
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ATM its just a mock-up but I think I will try and find a top class wrapper to do it on my car as I think it enhances the rear end.

I have played with other panels but IMHO the front is best left alone as the HS mods look a bit like an aventador copy and I don't like the angularity of that when morphed into the otherwise flowing 12C form.

Subtlety is paramount in my world!

·
Registered
113 Posts
ATM its just a mock-up but I think I will try and find a top class wrapper to do it on my car as I think it enhances the rear end.

I have played with other panels but IMHO the front is best left alone as the HS mods look a bit like an aventador copy and I don't like the angularity of that when morphed into the otherwise flowing 12C form.

Subtlety is paramount in my world!
Fully agree !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yikes!! That is a bit unfortunate for Mr. HS! Although the Lotus may never see production, I guess. :rolleyes:

So now, I'm confused: Which came first, the Esprit concept or the 12C GT3 race car?
Wow, they look so much alike!

For a $20k front end on the HS you would think they could have at least made the back end carbon fibre, or am I mistaken :confused:.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
More trapezoids!

It's definitely the trend for 2012, but I'm starting to wonder if all these designers went to the same school! Perhaps all the more reason to make it a non-permanent wrap...

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Wow, they look so much alike!

For a $20k front end on the HS you would think they could have at least made the back end carbon fibre, or am I mistaken :confused:.
I think the real 12C GT3 variant, if they build it, will have all carbon body panels. The weight/cost ratio didn't work for the standard car (i.e. they could save more weight at lower cost in other places). So, I wonder if we will see the option of exposed carbon weave finishes on the body panels, a la Zonda.

Agree the MSO prices seem out of whack. But, as previously discussed, if you want it that bad... they'll make you pay.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
i quite like the idea Squirrel,as you know the back of the car gets dirty alot quicker thab anywhere else and this look will help,also thought about a gloss black wrap for the roof? Have you done a photoshop for matt black at the bottom of the doors rising to the first line,i thought about this because of the dirt,but didnt know if it would look right?

·
Phil
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i quite like the idea Squirrel,as you know the back of the car gets dirty alot quicker thab anywhere else and this look will help,also thought about a gloss black wrap for the roof? Have you done a photoshop for matt black at the bottom of the doors rising to the first line,i thought about this because of the dirt,but didnt know if it would look right?
When I get a spare hour I'll do a mock-up just for you Andy :)

·
Phil
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Introducing the new MP4-12C SQ

Andy - Tried it but the black door sills just don't work on the 12C...

BUT here is a mock-up of Black roof and some chunky stripes - hope you like?

Some say the SQ stands for Super Quick, but a select few Mcthusiasts know that it really stands for SQuirrel!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Andy - Tried it but the black door sills just don't work on the 12C...

BUT here is a mock-up of Black roof and some chunky stripes - hope you like?

Some say the SQ stands for Super Quick, but a select few Mcthusiasts know that it really stands for SQuirrel!
Awesome:D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts