McLaren Life banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,909 Posts

A bit of black wrap and a pinch of squirrel dust and this is the completely reversible look you can get for just a few hundred dollars!

;)
Is it just me, or does that actually look nicer than the HS? Much less busy, especially with your exterior colour choice and stealth pack.

Is it actually your car, or a Photoshop? What else would you wrap on the car?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Looks great Squirrel!

·
Phil
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ATM its just a mock-up but I think I will try and find a top class wrapper to do it on my car as I think it enhances the rear end.

I have played with other panels but IMHO the front is best left alone as the HS mods look a bit like an aventador copy and I don't like the angularity of that when morphed into the otherwise flowing 12C form.

Subtlety is paramount in my world!

·
Registered
113 Posts
ATM its just a mock-up but I think I will try and find a top class wrapper to do it on my car as I think it enhances the rear end.

I have played with other panels but IMHO the front is best left alone as the HS mods look a bit like an aventador copy and I don't like the angularity of that when morphed into the otherwise flowing 12C form.

Subtlety is paramount in my world!
Fully agree !

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yikes!! That is a bit unfortunate for Mr. HS! Although the Lotus may never see production, I guess. :rolleyes:

So now, I'm confused: Which came first, the Esprit concept or the 12C GT3 race car?
Wow, they look so much alike!

For a $20k front end on the HS you would think they could have at least made the back end carbon fibre, or am I mistaken :confused:.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Wow, they look so much alike!

For a $20k front end on the HS you would think they could have at least made the back end carbon fibre, or am I mistaken :confused:.
I think the real 12C GT3 variant, if they build it, will have all carbon body panels. The weight/cost ratio didn't work for the standard car (i.e. they could save more weight at lower cost in other places). So, I wonder if we will see the option of exposed carbon weave finishes on the body panels, a la Zonda.

Agree the MSO prices seem out of whack. But, as previously discussed, if you want it that bad... they'll make you pay.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
i quite like the idea Squirrel,as you know the back of the car gets dirty alot quicker thab anywhere else and this look will help,also thought about a gloss black wrap for the roof? Have you done a photoshop for matt black at the bottom of the doors rising to the first line,i thought about this because of the dirt,but didnt know if it would look right?

·
Phil
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i quite like the idea Squirrel,as you know the back of the car gets dirty alot quicker thab anywhere else and this look will help,also thought about a gloss black wrap for the roof? Have you done a photoshop for matt black at the bottom of the doors rising to the first line,i thought about this because of the dirt,but didnt know if it would look right?
When I get a spare hour I'll do a mock-up just for you Andy :)

·
Phil
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Introducing the new MP4-12C SQ

Andy - Tried it but the black door sills just don't work on the 12C...

BUT here is a mock-up of Black roof and some chunky stripes - hope you like?

Some say the SQ stands for Super Quick, but a select few Mcthusiasts know that it really stands for SQuirrel!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.