McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2018 570s spider Sicilian yellow
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to tune my 570. Already ordered SP downpipes with cats.

700bhp is my goal, any tips guys?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Apologies for going a little off topic but are you on extended warranty modifying?
Just asking because im wondering if ill be able to do it myself on extended warranty.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure if I understand your question, but my extended warranty expires in august 2021.
Not sure if the dealer will remove the warranty just because I swapped downpipes?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Im just under the impression that if i modify my exhaust which i want to my extended warranty will be affected.
But yeah im not sure.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Before modifying, I would strongly suggest you read through the terms set in your EW. Would suck to have a claim denied because they say your aftermarket downpipes caused the issue.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Not sure if I understand your question, but my extended warranty expires in august 2021.
Not sure if the dealer will remove the warranty just because I swapped downpipes?
It's McLaren's (or Warrantech's) decision, not the dealer's. Yes, they absolutely can, and have, voided some cover because of modifications.

You want to modify the car to increase its power output, so you can't really claim that the mods make no difference. No manufacturer can design, or warranty, a car for unknow, future modifications.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
:(

·
Registered
975 Posts

Why do you want more power? Are you prepared for reliability / warranty issues (with the associated expense)?

IMO, traction is much more of an issue than power.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Before modifying, I would strongly suggest you read through the terms set in your EW. Would suck to have a claim denied because they say your aftermarket downpipes caused the issue.
What’s an EW? 😅🧐

·
Sponsor
1,402 Posts

We offer a tune that can get you really close to that! We try to keep everything within the safety parameters of the engine, but will go nicely with your downpipes. Feel free to pm for forum pricing!

·
World’s fastest and quickest McLarens
194 Posts
Happy to help out! We can offer custom features that are only available through M-Engineering or our world wide dealer network.

700bhp can be attainable with simple modifications.

Calibration notes, along with dyno figures, can be found here

The gist of the features available only though M-Engineering are:

Map Switching
Rolling Anti-Lag
At-home OBD Flashing
Datalogging
Custom Boost Control
Boost By Gear
Custom Injector Characterization

M-Tuner also comes with the ability to read faults in the ECU with McLaren specific details, as well as clear faults in all modules.

More details about M-Tuner can be found here

If you have any questions as well feel free to reach out to us anytime!

[email protected]

Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yo, 700hp is easy, a lot of tune brands with their stage 2 is already there.
If you wanna maximum hp I recommend you go DME[so far I know DME is the top 1 agreesive one for hp number] or you can wait for JB4 or buy race chip for sample tune for stage 1 , it's under 700hp, but very close already. Really depends on what you wanna do with after tune.

If you are a track lap guy i don't recommend you do any tune, way too easy have a problem at race track lapping with high psi boost from turbo by the tuner.

if straight-line drag race style,Ya DME probably is the fastest one in 570s tune now no matter stage 1 or 2 or 3.

if just daily,i personally think any brands stage 1 is perfect also.

·
Owner
625 Posts
I have modded a lot of cars, but to be honest...... Macs are fast enough right out of the box. I am a track (road course) guy and a high performance driving instructor and I haven't run into anyone that I haven't been able to humiliate on the road or track and mine is bone stock. I have to ask, what are you looking to accomplish? Especially since McLaren seems to deny warranty work on any modded car.

Reactions: rnixon

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have modded a lot of cars, but to be honest...... Macs are fast enough right out of the box. I am a track (road course) guy and a high performance driving instructor and I haven't run into anyone that I haven't been able to humiliate on the road or track and mine is bone stock. I have to ask, what are you looking to accomplish? Especially since McLaren seems to deny warranty work on any modded car.
Just remember, there is always someone faster. When I was a motorcycle road racer and coach, I thought similar, until one day some of the top AMA Superbike guys showed up to a track day I was coaching at, and they made everyone look like they were tied to a pole, including me, and I had won multiple ASRA/CCS national championships at the time.

Yes, McLarens are damn fast, but you don't know the OP, or their driving abilities, so there is always the possibility that they can use the 700HP fully.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anyone tried out the racechip black GTS that dealers like vividracing are offering?

They seem easy to install and remove if you need to have any warranty work done.

They also offer a fair amount of power?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts