McLaren Life banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
my dealer, McLaren SF quoted me $2,800.00 last year, I hope it has come down to something more realistic, I am also hoping they can more easily be copied somewhere for under $500.00 just like any other type of similar key, especially since it does not do as much as many other keys, though I am hoping it will eventually open the windows and the spider top from a distance...

·
Recent Convert
838 Posts
Try pricing a new Crystal Aston key :(
Its not what it actually costs its how much will you pay whilst they have you over a barrel "needing" a new key ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
When I bought my 12c a month and a half ago, it had one key and was a qualified cpo from mclaren I asked the dealer to get me a second key if I went through with buying it. They agreed and had to order it from woking for me as the data base for the blade part of the key is only at corporate. It took about 2 weeks to get here (SoCal) and I was at the dealer for something unrelated when I got the key, the manager told me they paid 1300 to get it for me. I would think you could negotiate a better price than 2800

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they are £296.31 quid in UK, top tip, i got my key wet, on top of a mountain in Switzerland, on a Sunday afternoon....!!!

Make sure yo know where the emergency key goes, because i didn't, it took me 3 hours to find out & yo have to take a cover off to put the key in on the passenger door!!

This will only get the door open though, and nothing else..!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts