McLaren Life banner
21 - 40 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
You know, at the end of the day, I think you will buy one just to see what all the fuss is about, and you might even fall in love with it.

We know money is not the issue, you were trying to find faults of the car to convince you to NOT get one.

Maybe you were afraid to buy one cause you know you won't like the 458 anymore and you REALLY want to stay in the Ferrari circle?
Don't have the 458 yet. Many reasons I waited: First, I never buy a 1st edition of a car, to be sure all the bugs are worked out, and that it will be reliable, 2nd, heard about upcoming software upgrades and navigation was not active, 3rd, I am 1000 miles away from closest Dealer so I wanted to have assurance that there would be good factory support, 4th, you save money buying pre-owned.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I was not trying to find fault with the car, I test drove one, and did not like a few things, compared to what I was used to with Ferrari and Lamborghini. I will be test driving the new version at Exotic's Racing on the 19th, might have my car by then, all depends on shipping availability.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Photo I have when I got my Performante, since traded on SV, not very good, but only one I have at work with a car:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hey Mark,i hope that shadow of you is out of persepective,or all my pre-conceptions of the American pyhsique may be true :D
5'11" and fluctuate between 185 and 190. Could I be in better shape, absolutely, but even if I worked my butt off and got back to 170-175, I seriously doubt 15lbs. would affect the 12C's performance.

To celebrate, Rountable Pizza tonight! :)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
5'11" and fluctuate between 185 and 190. Could I be in better shape, absolutely, but even if I worked my butt off and got back to 170-175, I seriously doubt 15lbs. would affect the 12C's performance.

To celebrate, Rountable Pizza tonight! :)
That's not a bad weight if your into bobsledding, the heavier the better yet you need to sprint. The opposite is true when we are talking about racing a car. Enough of the crap, beautiful car and from what I can see a beautiful girlfriend / wife. Two thumbs up ??on both accounts. Cheers....??

·
Registered
418 Posts
Mark, you are the same height and weight as me, actually I was 195 and now down to 180 or so, just so I fit better in the 12C. Either way, I wish you the best, and enjoy your 12/C in the best of health, as someone who was a Ferrari Fanatic and also had an order on a 458, I believe you will really love the 12C with the Upgrades, especially the Transmission Software.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Mark, you are the same height and weight as me, actually I was 195 and now down to 180 or so, just so I fit better in the 12C. Either way, I wish you the best, and enjoy your 12/C in the best of health, as someone who was a Ferrari Fanatic and also had an order on a 458, I believe you will really love the 12C with the Upgrades, especially the Transmission Software.
I am really looking forward to driving the new version in Vegas. Shifting was one of my original complaints. Funny I end up buying the same car I was considering last summer.

Will be down for the Indian Wells Tennis again this year. Might take a day off and drive to Newport Beach or Beverly Hills. Unfortunately, the 12C will be staying in Washington, but I would not want to drive any exotic to the tennis center every day.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Spill the beans!
I am really looking forward to driving the new version in Vegas. Shifting was one of my original complaints. Funny I end up buying the same car I was considering last summer.

Will be down for the Indian Wells Tennis again this year. Might take a day off and drive to Newport Beach or Beverly Hills. Unfortunately, the 12C will be staying in Washington, but I would not want to drive any exotic to the tennis center every day.
Let me know when you come up, let's grab dinner with wives. Previously I ranked the 458, 991, and 12/C in that order on shifting, now I would say the 12/C by a cigarette paper below the 458 in shift quality with V10 Uprade, and the power blows the 458 into the weeds.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Mark is on the west coast which is more know for its healthy lifestyle and living.

Think the perception you are referencing is more mid west mall whale.
With all the internet car research I have been doing the past 60 days, more like Ipad couch potato.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Let me know when you come up, let's grab dinner with wives. Previously I ranked the 458, 991, and 12/C in that order on shifting, now I would say the 12/C by a cigarette paper below the 458 in shift quality with V10 Uprade, and the power blows the 458 into the weeds.
I will be in Indian Wells March 8th through March 18th. How far away are you? 2 hours?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
At the most, I am right by Laguna Beach, you can stay at the Montage or St. Regis over here, great places next to the Ocean.
Ok, will chat with the wifey and see what she wants to do, and which day the screaming women will be playing, Azarenka and Sharapova drive her nuts! :)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Pumped, got the window sticker, car does have the Sport's Exhaust. I was looking at a new MP4-12C sticker when I was shopping this summer.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
You know Markjayw, I don't care whether you do or not, just so long as you keep stirring things up here and keep making life interesting.
Well, I might become real boring after I get the car, you guys will never hear or see me again because all I will be doing in driving it. :cool:

Just Mark is ok.. J is my middle initial, and my last name begins with "W"

21 - 40 of 250 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.