McLaren Life banner

What time do you think the P1 will run on the Top Gear track?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
You forgot 'Doesn't publish a time due to safety factors'

Figured I'd get that out of the way before some of our usual antagonists blessed us with the comment. ;)

>8^)
ER

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
You forgot 'Doesn't publish a time due to safety factors'

Figured I'd get that out of the way before some of our usual antagonists blessed us with the comment. ;)

>8^)
ER
Happy Thanksgiving!

Now that I got that out of the way ... can we play pin the tail on the donkey? ;)

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Thankfully jkheit left the results of the poll visible so we'll be able to see who all the donkeys are.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I find it difficult to beat the Pagani Huayra!
Did you not see the video I posted Pablo,it beat the Huayra with me onboard,as a comparison I did a similar video 3 years ago with a pro-driver in a pre-production 12c and did 1.26,then the Stig then did 1.16,im not suggesting the P1 will be 10seconds faster,but 5 seconds should be possible,thats why I think under 1.10 would not be a problem

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
I find it difficult to beat the Pagani Huayra!
It will beat the Huayra and it won't have to cheat to do so. As Andy notes, P1 customers have been seeing lap times around Dunsfold in the P1 as a passenger at 1:11 to 1:13 already. Put a fresh set of tires on one, fill it with just a couple of gallons of fuel, lose the passenger and let it all hang out and you are sure to see a sub-1:10 lap easily from the P1.

Going back in time, if Pagani had played fair with the Huayra and it had been on its standard road legal Pirelli tires and not a set of racing compound cut slicks from the Zonda R, it would have barely eclipsed the 1:16.2 lap time set by by the 12C.

You're in for a bit of disappointment if you don't already recognize how badly the Huayra will get trounced by the P1.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
131 Posts
Pablo - good to see you made it over from Ferrari Life.

Perhaps after you see the time ... you will consider adding the P1 to those other special beasts :)
Thanx for the welcome! And yes i am intrigue to see the lap time! One thing that concerns me is the interior look that is not as nice as Ferrari or Pagani!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Thanx for the welcome! And yes i am intrigue to see the lap time! One thing that concerns me is the interior look that is not as nice as Ferrari or Pagani!
To each their own Pablo...

I myself find Pagani's ugly, at best.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts

Three different brands - both are true to their heritage.

Just depends what you have a palate for.

The guys with the F1 did pretty well especially if they doubled down and added the P1.

May be better off to start your own thread - perhaps there are others that can offer more insight.

·
Registered
131 Posts

I dig it. It's like the interior is designed by cirque du soleil!
Jhon , love Cirque du Solei ! And los mariachis estan espectaculares!
And off course , the beautiful Pagani!
Nice post!:cool:

·
Registered
131 Posts

I can understand the taste of different people! I for one do not think the interior of P1 as ugly but just as too plain and simple! Like eggs with out salt , but i can understand people that eat without salt. By the way , it is even healthier! With Pagani is like going to eat at El Cellar de Can Rocca.:cool: just a matter of taste off course!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jhon , love Cirque du Solei ! And los mariachis estan espectaculares!
And off course , the beautiful Pagani!
Nice post!:cool:
Glad you liked it Pablo! It's a little surprising to myself that I do like it in that I generally like modern/minimalist designs. Which is one of the reasons I really like the interior of the 12C, as I like things spartan.

However, the Pagani is so brash about it, and it is done with a lot of consistency in its design aesthetic, that I cannot help but really like and appreciate it.

I'm not, however, smitten with the interiors of the 458. I think they were also going for a similar feel, but for, it comes off a touch busy. Still very nice. But not the same things.

I guess I enjoy the extremes. From spartan, to cirque, and not as fond of the in-between. :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I can understand the taste of different people! I for one do not think the interior of P1 as ugly but just as too plain and simple! Like eggs with out salt , but i can understand people that eat without salt. By the way , it is even healthier! With Pagani is like going to eat at El Cellar de Can Rocca.:cool: just a matter of taste off course!
Totally, as I said, to each their own.. I just REALLY do not like Pagani look..

And yes, it does look a little Cirque du Soleilish... I can see that.

·
Registered
26 Posts
P14 2017

~800 hp incl ipas

~ <100 lbs

new chassi with carbon roof, new gbox tech, 8 speed, shrink wrapped design

price hike ~$80k

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
~800 hp incl ipas

~ <100 lbs

new chassi with carbon roof, new gbox tech, 8 speed, shrink wrapped design

price hike ~$80k
Should there be a P14 section? Or maybe there should just be another thread added to the "Other Projects" section? Either way, it's fairly unrelated to how fast a P1 will go around the Top Gear track.

-Jamie.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Should there be a P14 section? Or maybe there should just be another thread added to the "Other Projects" section? Either way, it's fairly unrelated to how fast a P1 will go around the Top Gear track.

-Jamie.
Oh oh just when I was going to sneak in about how I love the Pagani interior for the same reason Richard Hammond loved it, "it looks like a Victorian’s idea of the 23rd century." But I like steam punk and that is a steam punk interior. As jkheit said, "it is done with a lot of consistency in its design aesthetic," that consistency and follow through on the execution is what makes it beautiful. The same applies to the P1 interior, it says, "racetrack" to me. I think that is in keeping with the idea of the P1 is a race car for the street. I love that it has no carpet. I learned to how to drift by racing old Chevy trucks on dirt roads. Those trucks had barren interiors, so I am biased. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts