McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
2012 new delivery miles $287k msrp for $210k. Volcano Orange
Sounds a bit high, but the car you are referring to has "Delivery miles", not 1000-1500. Up to you. Shoot for 200k even. Assuming it is loaded minus CC brakes or a couple other things, since max MSRP sans MSO extras is about 308-310k.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I'm sure I can get them down haven't negotiated yet. Crazy depreciation. Seems like I can get a 2013 spyder at a good price as well, certainly no where as much discount

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
To me that actually seems like a pretty fair price.

1. It's a desirable color and there really aren't as many MO cars for sale as there are other colors, and what ones are for sale have more miles/higher prices from what I see.

2. There is very little difference between delivery miles and 2-3K miles, but this one is in fact new and has a 3 year warranty I assume. That comes at a premium imo.

Not sure how much lower they'll go, but even if they don't budge it's a good price if you ask me. Unless of course it has some bizarre interior like light brown or something.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Having shopped around to find my car just 3 months ago, I can say that it's a very good price; I think you'll be quite hard pressed to get any of the dealers to come down more than that, as it's already nearly 27% off, which seems to be around the hard limit that the dealer's willing to lose. Mine was purchased as a left over 2012 with "delivery miles" as well, and had only 200, which I think is reasonable considering the savings on the car. Best part about it is that you've got a full 3-yr warranty, so for a few grand more than what you might be able to get a used car with 1-2k miles, it makes for pretty cheap insurance IMHO.

And of course, I'm quite partial to Volcano Orange, and happen to think that it's the best looking color on the car, with Volcano Red close behind; the Volcano paints are just so dynamic with their lil reflection spheres. Keep us posted, and feel free to PM me with any questions about a particular dealer/salesman, I spoke to 'em all in the US :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
2012 new delivery miles $287k msrp for $210k. Volcano Orange
You should start from $195,000. The new low for used MP4-12 with more than 5,000 miles are in the $180,000. In addition, it is more than half way through summer which is the peak selling season.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sounds a bit high, but the car you are referring to has "Delivery miles", not 1000-1500. Up to you. Shoot for 200k even. Assuming it is loaded minus CC brakes or a couple other things, since max MSRP sans MSO extras is about 308-310k.
Great advice!

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
What do you think is a good discount on a 2013 spyder?
New or used? New I think you'll be hard pressed to get much at all. I've seen one used on advertised at $300K that says MSRP was $330K. MO, said it had 500 miles.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2013-McLaren-MP4-12C-DRIVEN-ONLY-567-MILES-BALANCE-FACTORY-WARRANTY-/251308730793?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a832ae9a9#ht_6690wt_1165

Not really much used Spider inventory, so I wouldn't count on nearly as much of a discount.

I see another one that says it is used with delivery miles on eBay with a BIN price of $295K. MSRP was $305K. Maybe it was a demo?

If I were you, I'd just scoop up a coupe at a huge discount and wait to see what happens to the Spider prices. In theory a Spider coupe depreciate just as bad as the 2012 Coupe, however it's guaranteed you won't lose anywhere near $80K on a Coupe.

If you're concerned with getting a good price, you're probably equally concerned with depreciation. I would just wait a year and see what happens to the Spider first. No deal on a Spider could ever be good if they depreciate just as bad.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Don't let Clover get your hopes up. His pricing is out in left field as usual. The prices are nowhere near $180K. The lowest one for sale is 8000 miles with like no options.
Agreed. That 8k mile car only had a $261k sticker, and asking is $189,900. I'm having trouble even believing a new $287k car can be bought for $210k!

Anyone mind sharing a buy like that, let me know. I'm going to be shopping and looking at some cars in Orange County this weekend. Flew in from Chicago.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Agreed. That 8k mile car only had a $261k sticker, and asking is $189,900. I'm having trouble even believing a new $287k car can be bought for $210k!

Anyone mind sharing a buy like that, let me know. I'm going to be shopping and looking at some cars in Orange County this weekend. Flew in from Chicago.
You should be able to get pretty much any 2012 coupe from $200-$215K. The reason that car is $189K is because there are significantly better cars available for not significantly more money.

What color are you looking for? Anything specific?

·
Registered
183 Posts
You should be able to get pretty much any 2012 coupe from $200-$215K. The reason that car is $189K is because there are significantly better cars available for not significantly more money.

What color are you looking for? Anything specific?
Looking for white, silver, MO, VO, VR,... almost anything but black really.

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Mac Attack / Ionman / anyone else reading who is in the market... I think the comments on the biggest value drops being behind us are certainly true. I've been keeping a pretty close eye on listings for the last 4-6 months.

There are multiple threads mentioning over supply to dealers on 2012 models, and then there were a lot of folks trading in for the spider. 2014 cars showing up on dealer lots, the change in calendar year, and perhaps folks trading in for the 12c Scuderia (if that is the 2014 new McLaren model) might further impact prices, but I doubt it will be to the degree we've already seen.

I know this is perhaps treading too close to the depreciation topic that gets a lot of bad press. I'm not trying to re-start that debate.

For you guys that are in the market, if you've found the car you want, and it doesn't blow the budget, I say do it. I'm not an owner, but if your research includes reading through the threads here on McLaren Life, you'll see the same thing I do -- A bunch of people that, by vast majority, are incredibly happy with their cars, their ownership experience, and what they are able to do with their cars versus the competition. With rare exception is a car something you can buy, enjoy, and then hand over to someone else who will pay more for it than you did! If the 12c is your car, and the cost of entry doesn't derail your financial life, do it up!

-nh4.

·
Registered
108 Posts

You should try and buy locally for the sake of servicing your car especially given all the parts prices went up more than 100% back in April. I was quoted $6,000 to install the carbon fiber turning vanes which are listed for a little over $2,500 if you order them with the car from the factory. I don't understand why Mclaren continues to screw their buyer with their pricing as if the 20% price slash/adjustment on their original winder sticker for a brand new in Australia is not enough of drama.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
You should try and buy locally for the sake of servicing your car especially given all the parts prices went up more than 100% back in April. I was quoted $6,000 to install the carbon fiber turning vanes which are listed for a little over $2,500 if you order them with the car from the factory. I don't understand why Mclaren continues to screw their buyer with their pricing as if the 20% price slash/adjustment on their original winder sticker for a brand new in Australia in not enough of drama.
Why would it matter where you buy it?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts