McLaren Life banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
.....on the track especially? Do we have to do something specific to activate it...?

Thanks
just drive like you stole it, turn in at a higher speed than you thought possible and then accelerate, the car just goes round the corner like dropping an anchor on the apex
All you have to do is hang on and don't bottle it

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
just drive like you stole it, turn in at a higher speed than you thought possible and then accelerate, the car just goes round the corner like dropping an anchor on the apex
All you have to do is hang on and don't bottle it
Thats about it !! Good to practice on your favorite 90 degree bend!:)

·
Registered
964 Posts
If the system is similar to the Porsche system,
It may be worth noting that some of my friends are having quite a considerable rear pad wear, which may or may not be down to the similar system... so keep ypur eye on it..
Like others, I would have expected the front pads to wear prior to the rears, this has not been the case!

·
Registered
81 Posts
The rear pads do indeed wear faster than the fronts with track usage (at least on my car with iron brakes).

Just after you turn in, you'll notice the front tuck slip slightly and then tuck in when the brake steer activates. Basically slight understeer followed by cornering on rails. Pretty cool when you can activate it reliably.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Its a strange out-of-body experience the first time it happens. I had a (new) passenger the other day, getting on a on-ramp, and taking the 90 without so much as a lift. This particular on-ramp was particularly onerous as there is a concrete wall straight in front of you. Full throttle pre-apex with a nice track-out, it was pretty damn sweet. Passenger was stunned, even covered the cleaning fee.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Taking Baby to Sonoma raceway tomorrow and looking forward to exploring her limits.

It's been awhile but I am used to racing Porsche Cup race cars there and that was all about late braking and rotating the pendulum!

·
Administrator
2,696 Posts
Its a strange out-of-body experience the first time it happens. I had a (new) passenger the other day, getting on a on-ramp, and taking the 90 without so much as a lift. This particular on-ramp was particularly onerous as there is a concrete wall straight in front of you. Full throttle pre-apex with a nice track-out, it was pretty damn sweet. Passenger was stunned, even covered the cleaning fee.
It does require a bit of bravery to get used to .

Similar to driving a car that has real downforce in anger for the 1st time. It get ti to stick you have to be going fast enough. Brain does not like to be told that faster is better going into a corner with a cement wall dead ahead.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
It does require a bit of bravery to get used to .

Similar to driving a car that has real downforce in anger for the 1st time. It get ti to stick you have to be going fast enough. Brain does not like to be told that faster is better going into a corner with a cement wall dead ahead.
Too true!! My 90 bend has no kerb and a friendly field to help my brain overcome it,when youve always driven 911,s it takes time to take the plunge, at least i can were as Tiffney cant:D

·
Administrator
2,696 Posts
Too true!! My 90 bend has no kerb and a friendly field to help my brain overcome it,when youve always driven 911,s it takes time to take the plunge, at least i can were as Tiffney cant:D
Learning to drive the Mosler properly took a bit of time. It produces proper downforce and the faster you go the better it sticks. Problem is the brain going "you are not going to make it" when the reality is hold the speed and it will go around on rails.

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Learning to drive the Mosler properly took a bit of time. It produces proper downforce and the faster you go the better it sticks. Problem is the brain going "you are not going to make it" when the reality is hold the speed and it will go around on rails.
Any idea what kinda downforce it produces? More than the 12 c I guess ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts