McLaren Life banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Owner
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys,
Has anyone experienced this: (No nut jokes please! ;))
I was cleaning my car after a short drive and (when I was cleaning off my rims) I noticed that the lug nuts are extremely hot to the touch !! Anyone notice this (standard brakes) ? After driving, try to touch your finger to the lugs nuts/wheel bolts and see if they are red hot to the touch. :confused:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Nope, but I always let my car cool down after drives, like a day or more before washing.

·
Registered
551 Posts
So hot thingies? never noticed that but then I never wash my car just after a drive.... Don't want croocked disks

·
Owner
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the reason why it is good to re-torque your wheels periodically. This is especially important when tracking.
Re: the lug nut heat 'thingy' ......Could this be why the service schedule recommends replacing the wheel bolts at the 2 year point??

·
Registered
29 Posts
Guys,
Has anyone experienced this: (No nut jokes please! ;))
I was cleaning my car after a short drive and (when I was cleaning off my rims) I noticed that the lug nuts are extremely hot to the touch !! Anyone notice this (standard brakes) ? After driving, try to touch your finger to the lugs nuts/wheel bolts and see if they are red hot to the touch. :confused:
lug nuts pass right thru the rotors--- if the rotors get hot -- so will the lug nuts

·
Registered
29 Posts
i just bought a 12C, so i am new to the forum
i noticed this on my carrera and no one had posted the right answer-- in six years
so........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts