McLaren Life banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
You just need to go to Alpha previous postings to see what he/she is all about.

Depreciation and this discussion is usually always discussed by covert posting people on car forums who are advocates of certain marque's (franchised sales people, people selling their own cars (pump and dump), third party exotic sales people, etc.).

It's lovely too when people post and analyze cargurus, cars.com, etc. as the authoritative source.

Here's some real info (note: these are private party sales/transactions). Pista is still for sale if anyone wants it. Trade-ins or dealers outright buys would be substantially less to the selling owners. GT2rs info is from October 2019.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
i’ve owned my mac for 11 months and it’s spent about a total of 5 months at the dealership in a different state. 3 occurrences. has mclaren esc (bought from dealership) which is advertised as mclaren CPO warranty from mclaren but is a third party. takes weeks to find out issue, another few weeks to get the warranty adjuster to come out and inspect the issue then to approve it, then weeks to order parts (parts never come on time/have been delayed by a week or two from expected delivery date), then replace parts and then final test drive to make sure things are ok. average of 1-2 months every time it’s gone to the dealership and over 60k worth of work has been done...

·
Registered
675 Posts
i’ve owned my mac for 11 months and it’s spent about a total of 5 months at the dealership in a different state. 3 occurrences. has mclaren esc (bought from dealership) which is advertised as mclaren CPO warranty from mclaren but is a third party. takes weeks to find out issue, another few weeks to get the warranty adjuster to come out and inspect the issue then to approve it, then weeks to order parts (parts never come on time/have been delayed by a week or two from expected delivery date), then replace parts and then final test drive to make sure things are ok. average of 1-2 months every time it’s gone to the dealership and over 60k worth of work has been done...
I'm sorry to hear that. Was there anything in its history to indicate that it had had issues before?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. Was there anything in its history to indicate that it had had issues before?
nothing that we were told about or knew. however the car had been in for a misfire 3 times which they seem to have finally found the issue which was the cat had to be replaced

·
Registered
788 Posts
nothing that we were told about or knew. however the car had been in for a misfire 3 times which they seem to have finally found the issue which was the cat had to be replaced
This is the reasons why the ESC is getting more expensive. Buy a car CPO and then the dealer starts inventing things that need to be fixed and creating more work and $$$ for themselves and the particular owner is happy because they are getting new parts. (and then subsequently posting misleading postings on car forums)
-----------------------------------------------------
[IMG alt="Arthurb22"]https://www.mclarenlife.com/d1/avatars/m/68/68666.jpg?1572569069[/IMG]
Arthurb22
Registered

Joined 4 mo ago
16 Posts
#20 3 mo ago
nordstat said:
What broke on your car requiring $25K?
nothing really broke. dealer just wanted to replace some parts to be new. had front control arms, driveshaft damper, tranny mount, all 4 accumulators, all 4 taillights, water pump, door latches, passenger mirror motor, mirror switch and i think a couple more minor stuff

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is the reasons why the ESC is getting more expensive. Buy a car CPO and then the dealer starts inventing things that need to be fixed and creating more work and $$$ for themselves and the particular owner is happy because they are getting new parts. (and then subsequently posting misleading postings on car forums)
-----------------------------------------------------
[IMG alt="Arthurb22"]https://www.mclarenlife.com/d1/avatars/m/68/68666.jpg?1572569069[/IMG]
Arthurb22
Registered

Joined 4 mo ago
16 Posts
#20 3 mo ago

nothing really broke. dealer just wanted to replace some parts to be new. had front control arms, driveshaft damper, tranny mount, all 4 accumulators, all 4 taillights, water pump, door latches, passenger mirror motor, mirror switch and i think a couple more minor stuff
i don’t think i’ve complained. if you saw the reply prior i was pretty happy with what was being replaced even the upgrade to iris 2. “nothing broke dealer just wanted to replace parts to be new” is in no way a negative thing. only shit thing was the dealership closest to me wouldn’t answer my calls or reach back out to me for getting service done for 2 months of me calling every other day and when they did they said i had to pay for the repairs that another dealer said was covered under warranty. hence why the car is being serviced 600 miles away at another dealer. that and a couple weeks ago i was told my car would be ready wednesday so i told them i was flying out that weekend to pick it up and let them know the day before i flew out i was still coming and they waited for the second i landed to tell me the car isn’t ready and they need it for a couple more weeks. some dealers are shit and some aren’t

edit: not posting anything misleading. just the experience i went through and i don’t need to explain myself on how i feel. if i’m fine with it and someone else isn’t it’s not my fault they’re an idiot and don’t understand the costs of ownership on a exotic car

·
Banned
97 Posts
I think McLaren did you a favor by preventing you from being a McLaren owner. No new car or new demo should break the way it did for you. I wish you good luck on another exotic car purchase that won't prove to be a problem. Again count your blessings if they refund you in full.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
I purchased a new 720S from Tampa. After having it for 3 weeks the door broke apart and locked in the shut position. After waiting for 2 weeks for an answer I finally find out from a factory rep that the door was mounted wrong and that is why it broke. I was then told that it needed a replacement door and a repaint and would take three months.
Mclaren is claiming they are going to buy me out of the car, rather than put me into a new one, since I bought a demo with a small discount and they are not willing to put me into a nondemo.
This has been a very bad experience that included me having to call them repeatedly in order to get any answers or to get anything to happen. As of right now I am out the car, and have zero refund. Needless to say that Mclaren has made a decision to not have me as a Mclaren owner now or ever in the future.
I was truly excited about the car but they have killed any desire to own a Mclaren for ever.
UPDATE. Mclaren has found a replacement car for me, however not in the original color I bought. It is still a painful process to get the replacement car and am now around week 5 and counting.
I purchased a new 720S from Tampa. After having it for 3 weeks the door broke apart and locked in the shut position. After waiting for 2 weeks for an answer I finally find out from a factory rep that the door was mounted wrong and that is why it broke. I was then told that it needed a replacement door and a repaint and would take three months.
Mclaren is claiming they are going to buy me out of the car, rather than put me into a new one, since I bought a demo with a small discount and they are not willing to put me into a nondemo.
This has been a very bad experience that included me having to call them repeatedly in order to get any answers or to get anything to happen. As of right now I am out the car, and have zero refund. Needless to say that Mclaren has made a decision to not have me as a Mclaren owner now or ever in the future.
I was truly excited about the car but they have killed any desire to own a Mclaren for ever.
UPDATE Mclaren has found me a replacement car however in a different color, I am on week 5 but still no car. Get the replacement is proving to be big challenge.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
UPDATE. Mclaren has found a replacement car for me, however not in the original color I bought. It is still a painful process to get the replacement car and am now around week 5 and counting.

UPDATE Mclaren has found me a replacement car however in a different color, I am on week 5 but still no car. Get the replacement is proving to be big challenge.
which car? color? better spec?

81 - 89 of 89 Posts