McLaren Life banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of this morning none of the driver’s side seat controls functioned on my 2015 650S spider. The passenger side is fine. I took a look at the manual and it appears that there is a separate fuse for the driver’s seat (No. F21, 30 amp). I will check it tonight; however, if that is not the problem anyone have any other ideas? Also, should I be concerned about that fuse blowing?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did it end up being the fuse? I was going to give you some other options if it isn't but the fuse is the most likely cause. If the fuse blows a second time I would be concerned....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It appears to not be the fuse. I did not spend much time on it since it is going to the dealer later this week for its five year checkup; however, any ideas you may have would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
If it is covered by your warranty and already going to be in the shop I might let them fix......Depending on where your seat was when it quit working, it might be difficult to remove the seat if it is stopped at the back position (the two bolts at the back of the seat are harder to get to)...... There are four Torx bolts that hold the seat on (can't remember the size) I was going to tell you to remove the seat and check for power at the harness/plug. If you can get the four bolts off, gently lift the seat and you should be able to see the plug near the back at the bottom and unplug. The pictures below show the bolt location at the back and the harness going to the seat.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flashld, thanks for the advice and pictures. My guess is because of the seat position I may not be able to access the bolts. It was going to McLaren Houston this morning; however, tropical storm Beta had other ideas. I will take a look this evening. Otherwise I will let you know what the dealer says.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know Travis Robertson over at Houston McLaren and I live near Lake Conroe, small world. Good luck, let me know if I can help you out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Travis is whom I have been talking to. I have owned the 650S for about 15 months and have not yet met him (a good thing) but it is time for a check-up. Stay dry, it is wicked in Houston at the moment.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Travis is whom I have been talking to. I have owned the 650S for about 15 months and have not yet met him (a good thing) but it is time for a check-up. Stay dry, it is wicked in Houston at the moment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts