McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The next NSX has been revealed at the North American Show. I loved the previous NSX. Great engine, gearbox and build quality.

This new one will be built in Ohio and , I'm sure be ultra reliable with a sowing machine engine and snick snick box but it looks frumpy in a high set sort of way.

How do you see this as an automotive design? I want to like it but it looks heavy!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The next NSX has been revealed at the North American Show. I loved the previous NSX. Great engine, gearbox and build quality.

This new one will be built in Ohio and , I'm sure be ultra reliable with a sowing machine engine and snick snick box but it looks frumpy in a high set sort of way.

How do you see this as an automotive design? I want to like it but it looks heavy!
DITTO. I'm with u, I luv'd the original esp early years with the pop up headlamps. Great design original SHRINK WRAPPED lightweight n great engine. Reliability bar none back in it's hey day. New NSX has Lotus Espirit (concept) look, which isn't really a bad thing I guess;)

·
Registered
432 Posts
R8-looking front? I think the mini mac will blow it out of the water, performance-wise. As far as looks... We'll see... Frank seems to be very excited about it!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Well, at the prospective price point, get both?!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Looks a bit like the R8 as mentioned above which isn't a bad thing. Don't mind the looks personally but will it be engineered as well as the old NSX? Running the hybrid drivetrain also probably means it's going to be rather heavy.....

·
Registered
152 Posts
Exterior is too chiseled, needs to be more organic.
Interior is very nice however.
Actually, its like they dont match, clearly two teams came up with their own result.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
A luxury sports car. It looks a lot better than their competition Cadillac IMHO. And I agree that the R8 nose look is a good thing. Nice

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Someone at Honda actually thinks those wheels are good looking? :(

·
Registered
53 Posts
Apart from those wheels, this car is going to win minds and hearts. Concept wheels, still time to replace those wheels Japan.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If Honda produce an engine that spins and sings like no other then it will win hearts and minds. Shame there will be no room for the S2000 snick snick gearbox which is so brilliant to use and also like no other box I have used.

My concern would be that the chassis is ordinary as the S2000 is mediocre ( terrible in my book ).

1 - 20 of 116 Posts