McLaren Life banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sponsor
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, fabrication is nearing the test fit verification phase. Next steps include downpipe/exhaust (3.5"), intake piping U-bend, charge hose development. 3d scanning will accelerate the process. I
hope to have everything complete by April's first week and with any luck, a car at shift sector running near 200+ mph rather easily. Target power on demand will be 1300rwhp.

Note that this will fit all models of 4.0 liter McLaren vehicles. Fit perfectly and own the drag and track scene. I plan to use @M-Engineering and CSF 720 radiators for the kit. Of course, you can use stock intercoolers or your own tuning solution but...I would trust the best known solutions.

XPRD

·
Sponsor
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For longevity, heat cycles, and excellent industry leading partners, I have chosen billet collectors, 321ss piping, 321ss flanges, and will have F1 motorsport partners ceramic coating and heat blankets v. Shielding as options. This will be the most obvious choice for your motorsport needs on the M840t platforms.

Optional downpipes will be 304ss to inconel and a planned titanium exhaust.

XPRD

·
Registered
931 Posts
very very nice!
in terms of flow,why not do the oval to round transition in the pipe instead of the flange? unless it helps keep heat in the pipe?

·
Registered
132 Posts
1300whp on a stock block ? My 720s is the only McLaren so far to be even close to 200mph . I hit 199.9 4 times in a row 🤦‍♂️😂 with 1100whp on nitrous and of course also tuned by Mengineering

·
Sponsor
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1300whp on a stock block ? My 720s is the only McLaren so far to be even close to 200mph . I hit 199.9 4 times in a row 🤦‍♂️😂 with 1100whp on nitrous and of course also tuned by Mengineering
I will let you know how testing goes!! The kit will be fantastic. I promise!

·
Sponsor
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice can't wait to see results. But u missed the first question . Are you doing all this on a totally stock block ?
This is for installation on any M840t. You don't have to run it on kill except on occasion. Lower power levels via map switching are fine.

XPRD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts