McLaren Life banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Would you have and issues with bying a 570 with high milage?

I’ve been looking at a 2018 with 46 000km on it (30 000 miles)

all servicing has been done and seems in good condition other than that.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Would you have and issues with bying a 570 with high milage?

I’ve been looking at a 2018 with 46 000km on it (30 000 miles)

all servicing has been done and seems in good condition other than that.
The only real issue with higher mileage cars appears to be resale value - it hits hard.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The only real issue with higher mileage cars appears to be resale value - it hits hard.
Yes, but if you are a buyer, then resale is in your favor. ;)

Aenarion, Don't be scared of high mileage - as others have stated, it usually means a more reliable vehicle because you are driving it and not waiting for a sunny weekend day to enjoy it. I daily drive mine.

·
Owner
371 Posts
If you are a buyer, there are two great advantages to buying a "high-mileage" McLaren.

1. Let's face it and let's be real - the cars are not perfect, especially when new. There are small issues, imperfections and quirks that don't become apparent after driving the car a few hundred or even thousands of miles. If the car has high miles, there is a very high probability that all of these issues have already been tackled and addressed. Obviously, it is extremely important that the car has been serviced in a timely manner and all of these issues have been taken care by the dealer - history will be very important.

2. Miles will affect depreciation and that means that you can save a good deal of change by buying one with a few miles. 30,000 miles is definitely quite a bit, but I am sure it will be discounted accordingly, or at least, it should.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Yes, but if you are a buyer, then resale is in your favor. ;)

Aenarion, Don't be scared of high mileage - as others have stated, it usually means a more reliable vehicle because you are driving it and not waiting for a sunny weekend day to enjoy it. I daily drive mine.
I completely agree with this. You just need to be very careful to not overpay, as mileage kills resale value. As an example, a 2014 12C with 40k miles is ~$70k verses ~$120 with 10k miles.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hahah 12c for 120k... Dunno about that. They're like 80k now with 10k miles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts