McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't realize that this information is still not widely spread:

There are three hidden screens on the 12C dash specific to lap timing and performance.

I came across this feature last year during my visit of a Pure McLaren event held at Paul Ricard. Later I tried at home but it did not work. Now it seems to be back, probably slipped in with update 10.6.

First screen is track selection, there seem to be only european tracks so far but probably that depends on the country of delivery.

Next screen shows Best Lap, Last Lap, Lateral G and Oil Pressure.

Last screen displays Tire Pressure, Tire Temperature, Airbrake Status, Brakesteer Status and Boost.

The track related information is supposed to work only when the car has IRIS installed which makes kind of sense due to the GPS sensor required for this.

Put car into track/track/manual, enter information screen, press [OK] four times, then hold for another 10 sec, release and you are on timing / performance screen.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Attachments

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
So you are pressing the button on the left stalk four times, then pressing again and holding for 10 additional seconds?

·
Registered
907 Posts
not working for me, my car was updates in the US about 2 weeks ago.... does it matter if the engine is running or not? your screen shots show you in normal/normal mode...

·
Registered
239 Posts
I really hope this works, but I am concerned since it has no US tracks. I assume it uses the GPS to measure lap times and has the track maps and start/finish of those tracks in the database. This would be a fantastic feature if it works. Then add icing with a Bluetooth app to download the data!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
AprilFool!
In the early days, all this stuff was promised.......

·
Registered
862 Posts
Very good McDc, would have been even more convincing if the original, pre-photoshop picture had not been in normal/normal :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts