McLaren Life banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new on here and thinking about a used 12C sometime next year. We've got an XD3 on order which should be able to do the missus and kids thing. I'll be getting rid of the C6 which should leave room for something sporty methinks. Still early days but I daresay I'll be posting a few questions on here closer to time when I'm ready to p/x. Also, there seems to be a few on here from the W. Midlands which is great. Anyway enough rambling!

PS.
P1 absolutely rocks!!!
:eek: is a great emoticon

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Welcome Dan ,and ask away !! You wont be disappointed in this car,the rest you've had will seem they belong in the dark ages ;)

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hi Dan, welcome to the forum
You're spoilt having a local McLaren dealer.. I assume you've dropped in and had a look around?

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
Welcome, Dan! You'll find a bunch of us owners-to-be hiding out on here :D There are a bunch of very good threads in the 12c section on what to look for and what to be mindful of when looking at a pre-owned 12c.

On a separate note I thought "Smart ForTwo Brabus" was a joke post until I just ran it through Google... Who knew!

-Jamie.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome Dan ,and ask away !! You wont be disappointed in this car,the rest you've had will seem they belong in the dark ages ;)
Cheers Andy. I must admit Ive not tried a modern gearbox interpretation yet which Im looking forward too. The R8 was manual and the C6 just does the job. I gather the McL is pretty special.

I do have a first question though I'm 6"4 do you think that'll be an issue in the 12C?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Dan, welcome to the forum
You're spoilt having a local McLaren dealer.. I assume you've dropped in and had a look around?
Hi Gary, I've been meaning to go down. It's near but still a bit of a trek as I'm much more central. The plan was to make a day of it the next time the C6 needed a service as Shirley is just round the corner from McL Birmingham.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On a separate note I thought "Smart ForTwo Brabus" was a joke post until I just ran it through Google... Who knew!

-Jamie.
Haha, I must admit it's an awesome thing, surprisingly quick and spacious. I didn't like it at all at first but I've really come round to it.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Cheers Andy. I must admit Ive not tried a modern gearbox interpretation yet which Im looking forward too. The R8 was manual and the C6 just does the job. I gather the McL is pretty special.

I do have a first question though I'm 6"4 do you think that'll be an issue in the 12C?
They were designed for up to 6"5, get manual seats if possible,they sit lower so more room for a skid lid

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome Dan, If you intend to do any factory mods then buy a McQualified one, i think it opens more oppertunities (Andy will correct me if im wrong ;)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers fellas. I'm getting the RS6 sale ready as we speak.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Hi everyone, new on here and thinking about a used 12C sometime next year. We've got an XD3 on order which should be able to do the missus and kids thing. I'll be getting rid of the C6 which should leave room for something sporty methinks. Still early days but I daresay I'll be posting a few questions on here closer to time when I'm ready to p/x. Also, there seems to be a few on here from the W. Midlands which is great. Anyway enough rambling!

PS.
P1 absolutely rocks!!!
:eek: is a great emoticon
Hi Dan. Good luck with the search. I also had a '09 C6 and jumped to the Mac. C6 is great. And in a few ways a touch more practical. The cargo room in the back of the C6 is epic. Maintenance costs in the US were basically $100 over 4.5years. That said, the Mac has been fantastic.

Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
BTW, I'm around 6'3, and there's still a bit of headroom in the coupe even with the electric seats (the non-electric seats apparently sit a touch lower giving even more headroom).

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Dan. Good luck with the search. I also had a '09 C6 and jumped to the Mac. C6 is great. And in a few ways a touch more practical. The cargo room in the back of the C6 is epic. Maintenance costs in the US were basically $100 over 4.5years. That said, the Mac has been fantastic.

Good luck in your search.
Honestly, I wasn't aware the C6s were available in the States? Anyhow, it'll be a sad day when she goes. It's been a really solid car for our household & like you say quite bullet-proof given the borrowed Lambo engine up front (absolute madness when you think about it!). I was looking at moving into a C7; and although I love my C6, after a test drive I can safely say it's better in every way. I'm just looking for something different for now I guess which is where the 12C comes in.

BTW, I'm around 6'3, and there's still a bit of headroom in the coupe even with the electric seats (the non-electric seats apparently sit a touch lower giving even more headroom).
Cheers, usefule info that is

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Honestly, I wasn't aware the C6s were available in the States? Anyhow, it'll be a sad day when she goes. It's been a really solid car for our household & like you say quite bullet-proof given the borrowed Lambo engine up front (absolute madness when you think about it!). I was looking at moving into a C7; and although I love my C6, after a test drive I can safely say it's better in every way. I'm just looking for something different for now I guess which is where the 12C comes in.

Cheers, usefule info that is
Aye, I'm feeling more daft than normal. I was assuming C6 was a corvette (6th generation). I'm suspecting you mean something else a touch more exotic. Sorry, my bad if miscommunication.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Aye, I'm feeling more daft than normal. I was assuming C6 was a corvette (6th generation). I'm suspecting you mean something else a touch more exotic. Sorry, my bad if miscommunication.
Haha, yes i meant Audi RS6 C6 and the new one C7. I think in the states you're only offered the RS7. I'll stop referring to them by their internal number as I' seem to be confusing people!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts