McLaren Life banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lotus Evora Iowner here... looking tentatively at pre owned MP4's but very interested in the P13. A long term Lotus owner, ( I'm on my 5th ) but I never seriously thought about buying a McLaren until I bought an Evora...odd thing that! ;)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Lotus Evora Iowner here... looking tentatively at pre owned MP4's but very interested in the P13. A long term Lotus owner, ( I'm on my 5th ) but I never seriously thought about buying a McLaren until I bought an Evora...odd thing that! ;)
Now if I was Tmb1 I'd have to say something but I won't. As for the MP4 I would say go for it, it's a beauty of a car. I can't say anything about the Lotus I've never driven one, although I do love the way they look. Cheers......??

·
Registered
886 Posts
After 5 Lotus you are ready for some balls out power and the 12C has all you need. :)

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Take Madmarks advise,dont think he will ever look back,good luck on your search,and try to get a ride in one ASAP.Then you will come to you own conclusion the first time you hit the loud pedal:)
Make sure you are in sport/track if you want an instant apraisal !!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a 2010 Evora also. After breaking down and taking a test drive in the MP4, I purchase a "used" 2012 with 1100 miles. The car handles very similar to the Evora in the N/N mode, but with the expected differences that comes from two + times the HP. Very comfortable and responsive. Move up to Sport or Track in handling/performance, and transforms to an entirely different experience. If your still on the fence, take a test drive and be ready to break out the checkbook.

·
Administrator
2,740 Posts
I have a 2010 Evora also. After breaking down and taking a test drive in the MP4, I purchase a "used" 2012 with 1100 miles. The car handles very similar to the Evora in the N/N mode, but with the expected differences that comes from two + times the HP. Very comfortable and responsive. Move up to Sport or Track in handling/performance, and transforms to an entirely different experience. If your still on the fence, take a test drive and be ready to break out the checkbook.
Congratulations. Where did you buy from?

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Glad you took my advice:D Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm listening.... :)

I'm tempted to say the least, the P13 really appeals but if the recent Autocar article is anything like accurate and McLaren pitch it at around £120k it would make pre owned 12C's very attractive.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Tarrow

I saw your car not too long ago when I was up there, a buddy was considering buying it. Its a gorgeous combination. I'll be in Dallas next month for the 24 hour of Lemons race (we are running a totalled 1998 Mustang). Gren, who I think was your salesman, is driving in the race too, should be a riot!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Texas,
Chris was my salesman. I pick it up in the morning. The Lemons race looks like a fun event, and a good reason to explore North Texas/put some miles on the car.

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
I have extensive track miles in an Exige Cup car on slicks and my 12C is the only road car I've driven that feels as nimble. In fact, I find the forward view quite similar.

P13 won't be here for a while, so I'd grab the 12C. Anybody that can afford one of these would be insane not to, if they can get a great deal on a 2012 with the 625 PS upgrade. The car is mental.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I have extensive track miles in an Exige Cup car on slicks and my 12C is the only road car I've driven that feels as nimble. In fact, I find the forward view quite similar.

P13 won't be here for a while, so I'd grab the 12C. Anybody that can afford one of these would be insane not to, if they can get a great deal on a 2012 with the 625 PS upgrade. The car is mental.
You know 6th when ever I read a posting like it puts a big smile on my face and reaffirms the reason for having bought this beautiful car in the first place. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
You know 6th when ever I read a posting like it puts a big smile on my face and reaffirms the reason for having bought this beautiful car in the first place. Cheers.....??
Hey ex, with the snow finally clearing these past couple of weeks, I've had more opportunities to get out and re-acquaint myself with the upgrade. Even tried launch control with a buddy, on the winter tires! Have you taken yours out, yet? If not, you are going to love driving this car - it's so ----ing fast.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
6th. The snow has cleared the Uk too. I drove my car in the sunshine before it went away for a service. The upgrade is purrfect. Fast but so responsive. It is a missile and needs respect as it goads you into speeds that are , well, fast. Antisocial in an entertaining way.

I am addicted to this car, in a number of ways........fast, fast and fast.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts