McLaren Life banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased used coupe in houston. I have no user books and only 1 key. Car was just serviced in dallas month before, I have receipt. Are owners manuals avaliable and can u get the window stickers anyway? I can never get the door open with my hand!

·
Registered
271 Posts
you can open the door via the key. Press twice the centre part of the key to open driver side door and press it longer once to open the passenger side. Congrats on your car. You should ask for the owners manual from the dealer or guy you bought the car from and the car comes with 2 keys.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Regarding opening the door. Place underside of hand flat against the door about ,say, 6 inches away from the trailing door edge and move at a consistent speed backwards across the edge. The proximity sensor is adjacent to the edge.

Once mastered you will have success every time.

Don't forget to say Abracadabra before your hand moves or you will fail..........you haven't done that yet, have you?

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks very much, The dealer is an exotic car dealer and he didn't have anything. I'm going to try Dallas McLaren.

·
Professional Bum
252 Posts
There should be 3 or 4 "quick reference" guides in a small pocket under the passenger side dash. The guys in Dallas can fix you up with the rest - there is even a supplement booklet for the 616hp update. That's the 1st thing I would do is get it over to McD's (couldn't help it) and have them go thru the car, serviced a month ago or not - car may still have factory warranty, you may want issues logged like paint, etc. quickly before it expires. Holding the unlock button for 4 seconds will pop the passenger door. I think the missing key is BS - I'm sure someone kept it as a souvenir. I'd try to force the dealer to provide you a replacement or credit you the amount - I'd be a bit concerned that there is a key floating around for your car, especially since it appears to be a local car to TX - probably nothing to worry about but with the key anyone can.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys are great --thanks very much the download is fantastic that is what I was trying to find. Now I'm getting with Dallas to get the rest. Thanks again!

·
Registered
715 Posts
You guys are great --thanks very much the download is fantastic that is what I was trying to find. Now I'm getting with Dallas to get the rest. Thanks again!
The key is a big deal. It is $1500. And it takes awhile since it needs to be cut and programmed to the vin at the factory and then sync'd to the car. Time to squeeze the dealer. I wouldn't want that floating around. It ain't like the holder wouldn't recognize the car. Why would anyone want to keep it? You'd have to be silly to want that as a souvenir.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
I have done business with that dealer in Dallas.

They are incredibly good guys - my guess is thet key and manuals will turn on e-bay.

Lots of salespeople have sticky fingers when it comes to manuals extra key luggage etc.- sad but true!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Regarding opening the door. Place underside of hand flat against the door about ,say, 6 inches away from the trailing door edge and move at a consistent speed backwards across the edge. The proximity sensor is adjacent to the edge.

Once mastered you will have success every time.

Don't forget to say Abracadabra before your hand moves or you will fail..........you haven't done that yet, have you?
Well, magic works, apparently.

·
Banned
37 Posts
turbocharger

Jiampartsis a certificated supplier of Alibaba and Global-Sources, with more than 8years’ experience in turbocharger manufacturing and exporting field.

Weget your information from Canton fair online, and find us in the same line ofbusiness.

This is hope from Jiamparts, nice to meet you. If you have

If our products are of your interest, pleaseview our online catalog at http://www.turbochargerx.com/?sid=1e46e55c, updated daily. We will send you quotations once we get your specific enquiry.

Email:[email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts