McLaren Life banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Sorry to hear this,and its a bit pathetic not to honour a small repair when you have only made a 1000 pieces at a massive profit,the least they could do would be to evaluate if its a genuine fault and not one caused by mis-use and then give you an answer,rather than having this attitude.
Hope you get some joy.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hi,

This probably isn't your average enquiry on here but basically, I recently purchased the watch below from an auction...

As you may know, 1000 of these watches were produced, this being number 28 of 1000. With me buying it from an auction, I don't know anything regarding its history, however there is a fault with the Chronograph section of the movement.

I bought the watch without box or papers but, even though the watch has to be under two years old due to its original release being March 2011, TAG Heuer are refusing to cover the fault under warranty.

Now, obviously this isn't likely to result in a positive solution :D but I wondered if the original owner of the watch (28/1000) may reside on this forum, or may be known of? Obviously, it was one of the early watches throughout the release and therefore more likely to have been sold with the purchase of a vehicle. This may not be the case but I believe the general public release was only made a while after the launch of the watch.

Being able to source a box and papers for this watch would be a HUGE plus and I can't think of any other angles... TAG Heuer apparently only produced one box for each watch so it's not something they can't offer separately I'm lead to believe.

Any help\advice would be greatly appreciated.

As a massive McLaren fan (I have two wheels and plenty of other memorabilia in my office right next to me as I type), it's a bit of a downer not having a working watch :rolleyes:
Wayne have you got a 12c ? where do you live ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apologies for the delay and thanks for the replies.

I wholeheartedly agree with the view on TAG Heuer's customer service at this point. The watch was released in March 2011 therefore 100% making it less than two years old. TAG Heuer supply a 24 month warranty with every watch they produce so just because I can't provide a silly little card, they're not willing to cover it.

I have been dealing with a great guy at TAG Heuer UK, but it's TAG Heuer Switzerland that are causing the issue and it's out of his hands.

A person on this forum has got in touch who may be able to help so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and really thanking the forum forum for this.

Robbie, unfortunately I don't drive a McLaren but I'm a watch collector, and also a massive McLaren fan. I have McLaren F1 parts, racing suits, wheels and all sorts of McLaren memorabilia so for me... Watch collecting + McLaren = the watch I bought. I had to have it... I just expected a more forthcoming response from TAG with the matter.

There's no signs of damage that would cause an issue with the watch. It's just a faulty product that should be repairable under a warranty period.

·
Owner
12 Posts
That's what u get for getting the watch with out box and papers. I'm a jeweler and anything can be fixed . I mean anything. But your going to pay it you want to play.

;) that's what you get when u get the watch and don't have the car!!!!! God punished you!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Apologies for the delay and thanks for the replies.

I wholeheartedly agree with the view on TAG Heuer's customer service at this point. The watch was released in March 2011 therefore 100% making it less than two years old. TAG Heuer supply a 24 month warranty with every watch they produce so just because I can't provide a silly little card, they're not willing to cover it.

I have been dealing with a great guy at TAG Heuer UK, but it's TAG Heuer Switzerland that are causing the issue and it's out of his hands.

A person on this forum has got in touch who may be able to help so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and really thanking the forum forum for this.

Robbie, unfortunately I don't drive a McLaren but I'm a watch collector, and also a massive McLaren fan. I have McLaren F1 parts, racing suits, wheels and all sorts of McLaren memorabilia so for me... Watch collecting + McLaren = the watch I bought. I had to have it... I just expected a more forthcoming response from TAG with the matter.

There's no signs of damage that would cause an issue with the watch. It's just a faulty product that should be repairable under a warranty period.
Wayne, I guess the 'loan' of a box would help but presumably the warranty papers incorporate a serial number.......must be an easy job for a teenager and photoshop? If you can source the paper that is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's what u get for getting the watch with out box and papers. I'm a jeweler and anything can be fixed . I mean anything. But your going to pay it you want to play.

;) that's what you get when u get the watch and don't have the car!!!!! God punished you!!!!!!
There's always one.

Wayne, I guess the 'loan' of a box would help but presumably the warranty papers incorporate a serial number.......must be an easy job for a teenager and photoshop? If you can source the paper that is.

Unfortunately TAG Heuers use a card for the warranty and in this case, it would need to be stamped by TAG Heuer I think as it wasn't sold through regular shops. Thanks anyway.

I feel like the opportunity of getting somewhere is possible but if the owner did by any chance see this it would be the answer. Long shot of course, but you never know :-D

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Sure its not one of those $50 Chinese rip-offs LOL?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Another thing occurred to me. You could contact the dealer network and ask them if they sold that watch (issue number) and ask them to contact the past owner?

If they come back and say it's Ho Mi Chin of High St Hong Kong.......well they can duplicate the watch, why not the card and dealer stamp, I didn't suggest that........

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another thing occurred to me. You could contact the dealer network and ask them if they sold that watch (issue number) and ask them to contact the past owner?
Thanks. I spoke to my nearest McLaren dealership first and they said I'd need to ring tag Heuer for any information. I'll see how it goes and if I have to pay, I have to pay. I'm just loathed to do so considering the watch has to be less than two years old.

In response to one of the replies above, I know all about box and papers. I never buy watches without this normally, but in this case, I had no choice as that's how it came.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
If it's anything like their 12C Navigation System, good luck. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like the look of the watch. I am a big TAG fan and will have to try to seek one out for myself.
David
Many online retailers buy and sell watches , why don't you have one from them. I am looking for a watch to gift it to my friend, then i found a store where they Sell Patek Phillipe at very reasonable price. I have that watch from them an now i will gift it to my friend. So before having such items search more for them who knows you will get those one's at very cheap price.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts