McLaren Life banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
I am wondering about the colors to Artura. I'm going to choose Colorstream,Google search hit up Pacific and Amazon. I would like to ask you guys, are there two types of MSO streams? I need your help because there haven’t enough sample of MSOs in our country. "Can you give me some good advice?" Thank you.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
The color stream option is going to cost you lots. Probably close to 100k. My personal suggestion unless you have money to just burn is not do color stream on an artura. The artura is a entry level production car. It’s not rare or will hold its value. By putting so much money into the paint job, you will never recoup it.

Don’t think I’m hating on the artura- I have one on order. But personally I would reserve the special colors, carbon body, etc for limited car. P1, LT versions etc.

If your heart is set on it- do an MSO session with your dealer and the possibilities are endless on the color options.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The color stream option is going to cost you lots. Probably close to 100k. My personal suggestion unless you have money to just burn is not do color stream on an artura. The artura is a entry level production car. It’s not rare or will hold its value. By putting so much money into the paint job, you will never recoup it.

Don’t think I’m hating on the artura- I have one on order. But personally I would reserve the special colors, carbon body, etc for limited car. P1, LT versions etc.

If your heart is set on it- do an MSO session with your dealer and the possibilities are endless on the color options.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your post. Actually this will be my first McLaren. I've been obsessed with McLaren for almost ten years. Of course, I don't have a big budget.   

MSO estimate that the cost of the stream was about 15% of that of artura. Standard color selection is one of my options as you say.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Thanks for your post. Actually this will be my first McLaren. I've been obsessed with McLaren for almost ten years. Of course, I don't have a big budget.   

MSO estimate that the cost of the stream was about 15% of that of artura. Standard color selection is one of my options as you say.
15% is 40k. Must be a very simple color stream for that price. I would not do it. 40k down the drain. Lots of very nice mso colors for like 10k. You can customize any existing mso color for little to no additional cost. I’d do that instead of color stream. Honeslty it will look odd to have such an expensive paint job on an entry level mclaren . But as they say, YMMV. Good luck and have fun speccing.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
There are multiple types of colorstream paints. I‘ve seen pacific colorstream and atlantic. They’re quite beautiful. MSO will also do a wide variety of accents and blends with different colors on different parts of the car. The sky is the limit to your imagination and their cost.

There are a ton of special MSO colors in the $8-$12k range as well. Your dealer ought to have paint samples. The simpler colorstream paints would make for a very rare and distinctive car. You just won’t recoup things like that on resale.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've been low key looking into Pacific Colorstream for my next Mac as well. From what I can gather, there are a few variants that have been done before (Pacific, Atlantic, Cerebrus, Seedd, Laguna Blue) and are now considered MSO Heritage. I don't have a solid idea of the cost, but it's not gonna be quite as much as it would be if you were the first person to do a particular mix of colors (MSO Bespoke).

Honestly if it's about $30-40k, I would definitely consider it. You're not gonna recoup that cost in resale, but if someone is cool with that it truly is an out of this world paint job. Resale value ain't everything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been low key looking into Pacific Colorstream for my next Mac as well. From what I can gather, there are a few variants that have been done before (Pacific, Atlantic, Cerebrus, Seedd, Laguna Blue) and are now considered MSO Heritage. I don't have a solid idea of the cost, but it's not gonna be quite as much as it would be if you were the first person to do a particular mix of colors (MSO Bespoke).

Honestly if it's about $30-40k, I would definitely consider it. You're not gonna recoup that cost in resale, but if someone is cool with that it truly is an out of this world paint job. Resale value ain't everything.
Thank you for your post.
At least in Japan, when everyone chooses McLaren, we can't expect a resale. Haha.
But like you said, I believe Colorstream has more value than resale. Ultimately, it's the price I pay for the enjoy.

I thought Colorstream only had Pacific and Amazon. "I'd like to see a color stream sample photo."

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Thank you for your post.
At least in Japan, when everyone chooses McLaren, we can't expect a resale. Haha.
But like you said, I believe Colorstream has more value than resale. Ultimately, it's the price I pay for the enjoy.

I thought Colorstream only had Pacific and Amazon. "I'd like to see a color stream sample photo."
I agree. If you like it, get it. It's no different than any of the other options. Whether it's with it to you is your decision.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The dealership should have paint swatches of the other colorstream colors, last time I went I took some time to examine Pacific Colorstream.

Here is Seed Colorstream:

Looks very similar to Atlantic Colorstream but it's a bit brighter and the green is much more vibrant. But I'm not sure if Amazon is the same as Atlantic.

Cerberus Pearl I think was first done on CJ Wilson's P1, but there have been a couple more cars that got it sit then:

Note: Ask for "Cerberus Pearl" not Cerberus Colorstream

1 - 10 of 10 Posts