McLaren Life banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased my first Mclaren. Picked up a 21’ GT from Mclaren Chicago. Mind you... I live in Ohio. Car looks amazing and I am very happy with my first in impression.

Car got shipped to me and upon playing with all of the settings I noticed the navigation just said evaluation on the screen. If I try to search for a POI it only pulls up locations in the UK. I have reset the settings, cleared the memory and reset the settings. Let the car sit for a day, locked, and unlocked the car. Can’t find a way to do a hard reset to get the Navi to show up. The Bluetooth also does not allow people to hear me. Other than that it’s been a great 24 hours. Hopefully you guys can help me so I don’t have to ship it back to Chicago to get them to PDI it correctly. This is all I’m getting.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
the only hard reset besided unplugging the car is to hold down the the home button for a few seconds..maybe like 20 seconds. The button in the middle of the dial....press and hold and it should reboot the IRIS system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. No luck there. I had heard Macs like a service call here and there but I never thought I would need one after the first day of delivery :LOL: I’ll keep plugging away at it trying to get it to reset. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
McLaren 720S spider, 2020. Spark.
634 Posts
Congratulations for bringing this beauty to you garages!

You are actually trying to use an onboard nav system?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congratulations for bringing this beauty to you garages!

You are actually trying to use an onboard nav system?
Without apple car play, I have no choice. I’d get lost a lot. :LOL: I don’t use it much but I expect everything to work on a new car. I go for long drives with no destination and it’s nice to hit home on the navigation to help me find my way back when I’ve strayed to far.

·
Vendor
73 Posts
Congrats on the new GT, beautiful car; hopefully you will get the Nav working - I completely understand the home button when straying too far from base on a sunny day!

·
Registered
McLaren 720S spider, 2020. Spark.
634 Posts
Without apple car play, I have no choice. I’d get lost a lot. :LOL: I don’t use it much but I expect everything to work on a new car. I go for long drives with no destination and it’s nice to hit home on the navigation to help me find my way back when I’ve strayed to far.
I hear you, and it’s inconvenient that these cars don’t have this very basic feature. Heck, my $22,000 daily Honda Civic Si has it, wireless.

But there are some easy ways to rig up a phone. And with Waze, we can recognize the traffic and find where we can enjoy our cars more.

Reactions: Miefate
1 - 8 of 8 Posts