McLaren Life banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been perusing the new literature which is comprehensive in it's content and suitably Blingtastic

Some observations.

1. Max speed seems to be achieved in 6th......as 7th is academic for track work then that seems OK!

2. Exhaust noise channelled into the cabin increases incrementally between each mode therefore intimating the Sports Exhaust would be liveable with in Normal Mode. However I suspect this brochure was produce before the latest mods so the Sports Exhaust is now louder in Track Modes

3. Normal mode switches into Eco settings at low speeds and gets into top gear at low revs.

I like how the Brochure ends.......take a test drive.

·
Registered
87 Posts
For those thinking of tracking it, a mate was at Silverstone today with the sports exhaust. No static test, but didn't set off the drive-by at 105db.

I've heard the sports exhaust should read 104db on the static test at 4k rpm, and the standard 102db. These are in 'comfort' mode.

The car will not rev above 4k rpm in neutral, so if any marshals insist on 75% of max revs, you may need a letter from Mclaren stating this!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
For those thinking of tracking it, a mate was at Silverstone today with the sports exhaust. No static test, but didn't set off the drive-by at 105db.

I've heard the sports exhaust should read 104db on the static test at 4k rpm, and the standard 102db. These are in 'comfort' mode.

The car will not rev above 4k rpm in neutral, so if any marshals insist on 75% of max revs, you may need a letter from Mclaren stating this!
Bugger,i could have had the sports exhaust !!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
That's interesting - I've never heard of that before. Are McLaren the only mfg to limit revs in neutral? Nice little safeguard, that.
I dont think so. Mercedes here in the US have been that way for 10 years. Thinking being why the hell does a client need to go above 4k in neutral ?
Merc told clients its to protect the torque converter and transmission....i might have been told otherwise...............

·
Registered
886 Posts
Isn't 4k enough for a good drop into drive launch!?! :)

·
MmmmcLaren
1,375 Posts
VIP prospekt / brochure?

I've been perusing the new literature which is comprehensive in it's content and suitably Blingtastic

I like how the Brochure ends.......take a test drive.
Is this hardback literature that you mention the VIP customer pack?

Reference:

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is the inner brochure which is stuck to a hard back with 3 other smaller brochures on the opposite side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts