McLaren Life banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is one of the best automotive videos I have seen in quite a while and it happens to cover one of our favorite subjects.:cool:

DRIVE magazine journalist, Michael Georgiadis, drove a 12C along the 1,500km Route Napoleon, turning his 3-day road trip into an informative education on the history of McLaren as well as the high points of the MP4-12C while capturing some incredibly beautiful scenery and creative videography along the way.

The dialogue is not surprisingly in Greek, but you can use the Closed Captioning (CC) button at the bottom of the video window to turn on English subtitles. Be sure to switch it to HD 720p or 1080p as well.

Worth watching, maybe even more than once!

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
215 Posts
wow
Am very proud of my compatriots producing a video review like this. I think it is more informative, honest and spectacular/ entertaining than the equivalent reviews from much larger publishers.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Good video, recognize some places from my trip to Monaco and Cannes! :)

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Have some vids like that on my hard drive from the same spots... What most people don't realise is that the thing is 300 miles from top to bottom... And then if you want to explore roads that lead from it, it only gets better

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I recall your rave reviews from our discussions in Paris. Have placed it firmly on my to-do list. :cool:

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Love it, he's flogging the crap out of it. Awesome sound production (car sounds and music, too); much better than most other videos where the mic gain is clipping badly from the ISG. Should be required viewing for anybody complaining about sound. Throw the car into the corner harder than you think is possible and trust the Brake Steer, haha, he's found the epic-ness of this car. Good man.

Thanks Peloton, as always.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Just returned from a 3000mile trip to Monaco and came back via this road...
I hope to get some videos and photos posted shortly....

most of my car came back.....!

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Just returned from a 3000mile trip to Monaco and came back via this road...
I hope to get some videos and photos posted shortly....

most of my car came back.....!
What happened with the car Gary ???

·
Registered
964 Posts
I'll do a thread on the trip, but to enough to say that the underside is now completely flat... :eek:

Sat in the chunnel and the car finding no key was a tad embarrassing :( - it attracts a crowd you know:eek:
Realising that I forgot my roof rack and went in a standard carriage will cost me a wheel refurb...

However 3000miles in 9 days and just about every famous road covered!! wow its a freakin machine :D

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
I'll do a thread on the trip, but to enough to say that the underside is now completely flat... :eek:

Sat in the chunnel and the car finding no key was a tad embarrassing :( - it attracts a crowd you know:eek:
Realising that I forgot my roof rack and went in a standard carriage will cost me a wheel refurb...

However 3000miles in 9 days and just about every famous road covered!! wow its a freakin machine :D
Did you stay in the hotel at the tunnel and is it good enough?? Lets hope they put us all in the roofrack carriage in August,or im not going :D

·
Registered
964 Posts
I did stay at the hotel, it is about to be taken over!! which means that prices are all over the place!
Parking was on the flat and plentiful.. There is a barrier but it was inoperative at the time.
Apparently many of the car tour companies stop there as it is that bit easier than some of the others in the area..
Tesco , just along the road had the 99Ron on the pumps!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
That down hill section to Saint Vallier de Thiey is pretty exciting.

Didn't Chris Harris do a video with Francois Delecour showing the same section?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts