McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like how this car drives but there are minor things that disturb me

1) Windows not closing properly. When driving and opening the windows they do not completely close anymore causing a terrible whissleing in the car
2) An alarm that pops up... often but not allways that the licence plate lighting is not working
3) When completely turning the wheels it's like the wheel is rubbing the inner fender.
4) Doors not closing properly or require a big slam to close them... although a little improved by usuage of the car.

The driving is great but for a car with this value rather impossible it can occur.

·
Registered
314 Posts
First off, threads like this should go in the owners forum.

(1) reset the windows according to owners manual.
(4) common issue.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where is the owners forum?

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Where is the owners forum?
For future reference, it's located here McLaren Owner's Lounge

I will say there has been no mandate from the administrators of this website that 'problem threads' must be posted in there that I can recall?

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
213 Posts
I will say there has been no mandate from the administrators of this website that 'problem threads' must be posted in there that I can recall?

>8^)
ER[/QUOTE]

I second your sentiment. A vibrant discussion outside and inside the owners club is essential for the growth of this site from both a content and membership perspective.

·
Owner
893 Posts

I will 'third' the sentiment. Factory is not doing itself any favors, in this down market, by letting these issues languish.
Most of these little annoyances can't be that difficult to solve:confused:, IMO.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
If there are still bugs, why should they be private? Potential owners have every right to hear about these issues.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
I really like how this car drives but there are minor things that disturb me

1) Windows not closing properly. When driving and opening the windows they do not completely close anymore causing a terrible whissleing in the car
2) An alarm that pops up... often but not allways that the licence plate lighting is not working
3) When completely turning the wheels it's like the wheel is rubbing the inner fender.
4) Doors not closing properly or require a big slam to close them... although a little improved by usuage of the car.

The driving is great but for a car with this value rather impossible it can occur.
Belg. You should be asking the dealer for a plan of action and timeframe to solve these problems ( the wheel noise at low speed and cold tyres is endemic, I think ). These issues are fixable and simple to fix.

If the dealer does not respond contact Mclaren customer services but give the dealer reasonable time.

Do not presume Mclaren at Woking are aware of these problems as the dealer will not have told them !

Mclaren have high expectations and would expect you to have also. Your irritation is understandable

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey slow down all. Don't misunderstand me all. I just love my little MP4. This may sound strange but I even prefer to drive the MP4 than the Lambo.
These are little distubance... enoying things and I was wondering who else has had similar things. About the workshop ... they are great guys. You wont believe it but the very first day I drove it a guy in the opposite direction proabablt thought I'd move aside... which I didn't and scratched the right front wheel? The dealer fixed it at no expense. I even didn't have to bring the car. Their technician came to take note of issues ( other ) and a transport company brought the car back. That's service !

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Belg. It is good to hear your enjoying the Beta car experience. We all love it. Met a guy at Catalunya F1 test yesterday who was on his third MP12 already, 2 coupes, one spyder.

Good to know your not suicidal:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
The wheel rubbing sound is an A/C hose, easy fix, happened to me. However, as far as doors go, after one year and 8500 miles mine aren't any better and its one in three that they won't latch first time. Passenger door is a little better however, it only won't close properly for my wife whenever there's a big number of spectators!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha. Beta car :). Yesterday I was talking with a guy who wasn't surprised so I shouldn't be the only one. The strange noise when turning the wheels seems normal and for the windows not closing I found a trick. completely open en close .. Done.
A trick for non closing doors is "act as a spectator and move along till the crowd goes away". Could take a while so don't park your car where lots of people pass.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hey slow down all. Don't misunderstand me all. I just love my little MP4. This may sound strange but I even prefer to drive the MP4 than the Lambo.
It doesn't sound strange to me. I've driven an Aventador and previously owned two Gallardos and an LP640. None of them come close to the 12C for driving pleasure.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Belg. If you got lambos at cold and then on first turns around slow corners, real slow stuff I mean, they also really felt like rubbing. Never in the summer though. You must have felt that before

I don't have my macca yet, spider, but it's due delivery April/may and looking forward to it and good to hear you prefer driving than lambo .... That's what I think I'm going to feel!

At least, or hope, I've crashes out my system as within last two months have written off my lotus 2-11 on black ice and someone t-boned my rangie ........ all very annoying!

General question. Am I not mistaken in understanding that the door opening/closing system is updated on 2013 cars?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@Noe. Indeed on cold driving off with the Aventador it feels like rubbing but is still less han with the MP4. With the lambo you get that typical feeling as its 4*4 and some kms further it's. Sometimes with the Mp4 it's like real knock-knock like the wheel is stuck with the inner fender. I used to have a big big hummer with 26" wheels and those wheels are too big for the car. It's a similar noise. It's too fre...ing cold out there to go have a look.
@mhh. The Aventador is still a great car .. in a straight line :) The thing boost and when putting in track your head bounces real hard on the seat ... every gear change :)

Unfortunately our road are not all that straight , very often you find yourself in a traffic jam, one cannot allways put the pedal to the metal, and then the MP4 is a real great car.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
@Noe. Indeed on cold driving off with the Aventador it feels like rubbing but is still less han with the MP4. With the lambo you get that typical feeling as its 4*4 and some kms further it's. Sometimes with the Mp4 it's like real knock-knock like the wheel is stuck with the inner fender. I used to have a big big hummer with 26" wheels and those wheels are too big for the car. It's a similar noise. It's too fre...ing cold out there to go have a look.
@mhh. The Aventador is still a great car .. in a straight line :) The thing boost and when putting in track your head bounces real hard on the seat ... every gear change :)

Unfortunately our road are not all that straight , very often you find yourself in a traffic jam, one cannot allways put the pedal to the metal, and then the MP4 is a real great car.
Could the knocking be the suspension sounding through the hollow tub,we all experiance this on different road surfaces,in the uk its most prevalent on catseyes.Also on gravel and damp surfaces under full lock the car jumps on its suspension???

1 - 20 of 45 Posts