McLaren Life banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dude, if I don't like the 458, I don't go on a ferrari site to crap all over it. Are you feeling the difference? It's the most remedial issue of manners, that I'm sorry no one has bothered to educate you on.
John - it's Friday,

Recall you suggesting for me to go enjoy my Mac the other week allowing for a quick break to forget about this place.

It's not easy and I don't blame you one bit for your tenacity ... in fact I love it ... and better you than me :)

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Thanks, I took your advice Champ. Went for a nice 6 hour drive down from Vermont. Was fun as it was my first time in snow with the Mac. It flashed some interesting Ice/Frost messages. I put it in Winter mode, still in manual, and it was surprisingly sure footed despite the winding roads having a few spots with pretty icy conditions.

Most of the leaves dropped, but still a pretty time of year for a drive.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I took your advice Champ. Went for a nice 6 hour drive down from Vermont. Was fun as it was my first time in snow with the Mac. It flashed some interesting Ice/Frost messages. I put it in Winter mode, still in manual, and it was surprisingly sure footed despite the winding roads having a few spots with pretty icy conditions.

Wow!

Sounds like you had an incredible drive and that's what it's all about ... wild man :cool:

It hasn't gotten down to those temps here - but when it does can't wait to experience it.

I wouldn't trust the Ferrari's in the rain on public roads let alone cold weather temperatures with the Pzeros - switched to Bridgestones so it's good to hear how well the Pzero's held up - or just how good the MP4 is under any condition on any tire.

Have to add - laughed out loud at 6 hours and now I am just jealous!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Don't be too jealous Champ. I was up at Stowe, but was there for a conference. Then again, it was fun nonetheless.

Anyway, to tilt this somewhat kinda back to the thread topic, and in honor of this thread, here is a compilation of wrecks at the Ring :)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts

That sounds beautiful, actually. Something about a McLaren driven in gorgeous snowy surroundings that just seems right to me, especially at night. It would be a dream of mine to do something like that in a Mac. It's weird but it gives me a 'futuristic' and other-worldly feeling. I love it.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
That sounds beautiful, actually. Something about a McLaren driven in gorgeous snowy surroundings that just seems right to me, especially at night. It would be a dream of mine to do something like that in a Mac. It's weird but it gives me a 'futuristic' and other-worldly feeling. I love it.
It was really pretty. I managed to grab one shot; unfortunately the iPhone didn't isn't the greatest to capture it.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
It was really pretty. I managed to grab one shot; unfortunately the iPhone didn't isn't the greatest to capture it.
John,
You are a better man than me!:D
My car is two weeks old and I'm still using detail spray under the doors after EACH drive.:eek:
I can't imagine driving in the snow, I would just die! Haha.
Good for you, you have inspired me.

·
Registered
201 Posts
My spider's roof is stuck open. It's driving me crazy because I can't wash it. Not sure what's wrong with the roof. Will start a new thread hoping to gain some insight. If this keeps up I will have to post a pic in the dirty Mac thread. Oh the shame of it all.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts