McLaren Life banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to create a thread to tell everyone a little bit about our store, myself, and to help answer any questions relating to our cars, service, or anything regarding the world of McLaren for the Atlanta area and beyond. If you are close to our store and own a McLaren or have been thinking about making the move into one of these great machines, this is a chance to ask away and I will assist in any way possible. This is a bit of a copy any paste from our website but it works so well I didn't want to modify it.

Motorcars of Georgia has been proudly serving luxury, high-line, and exotic vehicle owners of the Southeast Nation since 1994, and throughout this time has maintained its reputation as one of America's premier automotive retailers. The Motorcars of Georgia family consists of four premier vehicle franchises, including Aston Martin, Lamborghini, Lotus, and McLaren. Complementing its new vehicle offerings, Motorcars of Georgia also has an impressive inventory of preowned vehicles. Our knowledge, enthusiastic staff is here to navigate you through the purchase of your next vehicle, and for all of your service needs with professionalism and care.

If you're going to buy a new Aston Martin, Lamborghini, McLaren or Lotus at Motorcars of Georgia, serving Atlanta, or take your car in for routine maintenance or an auto repair, you probably want to know a little bit about us. Makes sense.

Motorcars of Georgia, located at 7865 Roswell Rd Atlanta, Georgia is happy to tell you that we've been serving the Atlanta area for longer than many of you might have owned your current car. With those years comes invaluable expertise, which we put to your advantage. We're not just talking acumen on new Aston Martin, Lamborghini, McLaren and Lotus models, but used cars, service and auto repairs and perhaps most importantly - Aston Martin, Lamborghini, McLaren and Lotus financing.

We hand pick each member of the Motorcars of Georgia team for their high level of competency, vast knowledge-base, eagerness to learn late-breaking technology, ability to relate to drivers from all walks of life, and commitment to keeping Motorcars of Georgia a pressure-free environment, which if you ask many of our patrons, makes us a dealership in the rough.

We were extremely excited for Grant Van Brewer to join our team in early 2015. Grant has proven to be a valuable asset to Motorcars of Georgia with nearly 10 years' experience in sales, business, technology and networking. With a strong passion and knowledge of exotic vehicles and his impressive skillsets, he has been able to provide a dynamic experience for our clients with someone they can trust.

Grant's past experience includes several years working for BMW as a Client Advisor and previously the Internet Sales Manager for a Multi-Franchise Auto Group. He was also a Business Account Executive for a Fortune 15 company where he managed large corporate accounts and worked directly with CEO's, CFO's, and Business Owners here in Atlanta.

Having owned over 35 cars, 6 motorcycles, and currently driving a Racing Yellow Porsche Cayman S, there is no question that this business is his passion and has been a true car guy ever since he can remember. During time off from work, he loves to travel, go to car shows and try different restaurants with his wife, Anita.

Testimonials and more information: https://www.facebook.com/grantmotorcars/
[email protected]
404-233-4269

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Every time I see a thread from a McLaren person they seem to disappear very fast. There have been several mechanics which don't seem to last long on this site for some reason.

Haven't heard anything negative about your dealership which is a good thing. I've come across a few McLaren dealers that handle out of area sales differently.

1- If you could explain a bit how your dealership handles out of area sales. Out of sales area meaning the person resides away from your dealership.

2- Let me put you on the hot seat for a second. As a manager what would you do to compensate a client when someone unauthorized in your company put 120 miles on a persons car that was in for a simple repair? Have at it.

Reactions: John Galt

·
Registered
377 Posts
Every time I see a thread from a McLaren person they seem to disappear very fast. There have been several mechanics which don't seem to last long on this site for some reason.

Haven't heard anything negative about your dealership which is a good thing. I've come across a few McLaren dealers that handle out of area sales differently.

1- If you could explain a bit how your dealership handles out of area sales. Out of sales area meaning the person resides away from your dealership.
I can say that I had a positive purchasing experience from Grant at Motorcars of Georgia which is 2500 miles from me. I was looking for a particular car and color which is why I had to search so far away. In any case, they advertised a car that interested me; I went back and forth with Grant for a week or so, and then sent a small deposit and flew in to check it out (gotta use those airline miles somehow). The car was as clean as a whistle, just as advertised, and Grant and I took it out for a spin in the Atlanta 'burbs. After an exchange of paper and signatures, I flew home. The car was shipped and arrived in immaculate condition a few weeks later.

Obviously I can't speak about their maintenance operations.

The store also carries several other British brands with legendary racing heritage and an Italian brand with no racing history.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I can say that I had a positive purchasing experience from Grant at Motorcars of Georgia which is 2500 miles from me. I was looking for a particular car and color which is why I had to search so far away. In any case, they advertised a car that interested me; I went back and forth with Grant for a week or so, and then sent a small deposit and flew in to check it out (gotta use those airline miles somehow). The car was as clean as a whistle, just as advertised, and Grant and I took it out for a spin in the Atlanta 'burbs. After an exchange of paper and signatures, I flew home. The car was shipped and arrived in immaculate condition a few weeks later.

The store also carries several other British brands with legendary racing heritage and an Italian brand with no racing history.

I better state the 120 unauthorized miles on a customers car happened elsewhere. I was curious how they would handle that situation since it is detailed on another thread here.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Welcome aboard man! Not a current owner but will be in ATL next week on business. Maybe I'll come by and see you guys!

·
2012 MP4-12C
8,258 Posts
2- Let me put you on the hot seat for a second. As a manager what would you do to compensate a client when someone unauthorized in your company put 120 miles on a persons car that was in for a simple repair? Have at it.
HOLY SMOKES Storm! Way to ease him into it! :D

Why not start her off with a nice kiss ... you dont have to go leaping straight for the ...
>:)

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
HOLY SMOKES Storm! Way to ease him into it! :D

>:)

Hell I'm not going to say the dealers but I'm going to ask the GM of two other McLaren shops the same question.

Wouldn't you like to know for the record since it is a current thread elsewhere. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind. Well something like that;) I didn't get into anything hard like quantum physics.

Reactions: John Galt

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Wow, sorry I just saw this, I guess post notifications weren't turned on. I'd be glad to answer your questions.

1- I think the biggest fault with a lot of stores that sell to out of state buyers is not building enough transparency. Both the buyer and the store both know that if a car arrives and something is not disclosed and would not pass either mechanically or aesthetically it would give both parties nothing but problems. I try to paint the picture of the car as vividly as possible with more detailed photos, videos, I talk about comp cars in relation to how the selected car stacks up against them, things of that nature.

The paperwork/financial part is fairly easy and straightforward. We look at it from this perspective: If we do our job correctly, run the car through service for inspection, my technicians have the opportunity to earn their living, we know the car checks out and can offer it with confidence to our clients, and our clients will praise us for the job we've done as we want everyone to have a great experience. It makes my job easier too.

We always ship enclosed with preferred transport companies that have 100% feedback, plenty of cargo insurance, and use a few right off hand that transport at least half of our cars for us. We also welcome in store visits and 3rd party inspections. Our process has been proven reliable and successful.

2- 120 miles of unauthorized use of a client's vehicle is unacceptable and we would absolutely hold that particular employee 100% accountable. There's no question what the appropriate action would be. If this were to occur, I would have a sit down face to face meeting with that client and find out exactly what it would take to make things right. Lastly, this is just something that should never happen and can be avoided in the hiring process of an organization. Having the right people makes your business and also funnels to your client's overall satisfaction.

Thanks Scott! I had a pleasure serving you and the car you bought is beautiful.

Welcome aboard man! Not a current owner but will be in ATL next week on business. Maybe I'll come by and see you guys!
Thanks and please feel free to come by and have an espresso, we can talk cars!

Again, sorry for the late response, I'll put those notifications to use now lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds great, I'm only off on Thursdays and of course we're closed Sunday. Looking forward to meeting you.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Thanks that's what one would expect from a quality dealership.

Reactions: gvb_7

·
Registered
32 Posts
This good to hear. I am expecting my 570s to be shipped to Nashville and the closest dealership is Atlanta. I am looking forward to working with you guys for my service needs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts