McLaren Life banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
C A R B O N
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We produced a few sets of our Carbon Fiber Tailpipe Finishers in a Red Black Carbon Kevlar 3K Twill. Came out with a pretty good match for the Lava Red. Yellow Black will be next. The orange will be the hardest to match.

David

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,449 Posts
That's pretty sweet. Nicely done!

-Jamie.

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
I don't know the price, but for marketing purposes the proper name for that paint color is 'Volcano Red'. There's also a 'Mercury Red' which is different.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
83 Posts
Look nice David - I imagine you will get many takers - and you can fit without taking the bumper off! - i.e. from under the rear deck, remove all the screws and simply bend the metal OEM top tabs back. Yours then simply gently flex back in under the black plastic tail light surrounds and screw in easily - one pretty long and thin barreled screw/driver with ratchet handle required ! Sorry I did not get chance to call today - when you pick this up please cal me on my cell over the weekend as I don't want to disturb yours - Im around for another 10 days - cheers Ian

·
C A R B O N
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know the price, but for marketing purposes the proper name for that paint color is 'Volcano Red'. There's also a 'Mercury Red' which is different.

>8^)
ER
You are correct Sir....Completely my error. Must be that I was working with a Lava Orange Air brake all day.

The car in the comparison pic is the Volcano Red..

david

·
C A R B O N
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's pretty sweet. Nicely done!

-Jamie.
thanks Jamie,

We can create any of our carbon parts in this color Carbon/Kevlar combination.. I think a Volcano red 12C with the Air Brake, Turning Vanes, Tail Pipe Finishers and other accents would really blend in.

Look nice David - I imagine you will get many takers - and you can fit without taking the bumper off! - i.e. from under the rear deck, remove all the screws and simply bend the metal OEM top tabs back. Yours then simply gently flex back in under the black plastic tail light surrounds and screw in easily - one pretty long and thin barreled screw/driver with ratchet handle required ! Sorry I did not get chance to call today - when you pick this up please cal me on my cell over the weekend as I don't want to disturb yours - Im around for another 10 days - cheers Ian
Ian,

Great to know, never thought of attacking them that way and it is a hell of a lot easier to take the rear engine panel off than the bumper. Glad you got it all together, Cannot wait to see it in person or at least some good pics if the weather ever changes,.

I am pretty much around all weekend as well I will give you a ring in the a.m. feel free to do the same I am typically available after 7 am to 10 pm. (2-1-5 5-3-0 1-3-9-4 ) cell

Cheers,

David

1 - 9 of 9 Posts