McLaren Life banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Catback is relatively easily swapped without removing the bumper with just access from below and above. You keep the final piping and tips from the OEM exhaust. It is a direct replacement for the OEM parts (both catback and downpipes) using the stock install points and hardware. Downpipes uses the OEM heatshields, for the catback you can leave it as-is as it has pretty good clearance or if you want to be extra safe wrap it with heat wrap.
Yes correct!

They also have downpipes for the 570, both straight piped and 200 cell's (which makes a significant improvement in sound as well).

The sound is louder and more exotic compared to stock sports system and you also save some weight high up far back which is nice, no annoying drone while cruising either. I have both 200 cell cats and titanium catback on the car now and its significantly better than stock, sounds really mean! The non blue titanium version looks amazing as well!

With the 200 cell cats and non muffled catback (titanium or stainless) you hear the turbos spool very clearly with the windows down, really nice :) The cracks on downshifts are also significantly louder and more immersive :)

I have had Topspeed exhausts on 4 cars incl Porsche GT3 and Turbo, a Ferrari and now my McLaren 570S over the past 5 years. Great fitment and quality for unbeatable price! The sound is exactly like the significantly more expensive brands that use the same piping design! Fast and professional service with very good communication, highly recommended! If you want personal service ask for John, he has a 12C himself and knows McLarens really well, tell him hello from me (Roger from Sweden) :) !

View attachment 202209 View attachment 202208

I ordered the Top Speed.

Here is a sound clip with just the titanium catback, quite hard to hear the sound and difference in a video but at least its something:
do you need specific tools,
for removing the flat bottom
, or the broadcaster?
To remove the engine cover,
it is the two bolts close to the caps for filling
oil and coolant,
that's all ?

YOU HAVE NOT TAKEN PHOTOS OR VIDEO?

·
Registered
7 Posts
do you need specific tools,
for removing the flat bottom
, or the broadcaster?
To remove the engine cover,
it is the two bolts close to the caps for filling
oil and coolant,
that's all ?

YOU HAVE NOT TAKEN PHOTOS OR VIDEO?
Engine cover is just two hex screws under the tiny engine lid (next to the filler caps) and you simply pull it up at the rear (rubber fasteners) and then lift it off. Have not removed the diffuser but I dont think you need any special tools for that, most likely just a bunch of hex screws and it comes down easily.

If you have some car mechanical experience it should not be a problem to swap the catback on a 570S

In this video you see how the catback comes out:

·
Registered
51 Posts
[QUOTE = "TheRoggan, message: 1751861, membre: 67455"]
Le couvercle du moteur est juste deux vis hexagonales sous le minuscule couvercle du moteur (à côté des bouchons de remplissage) et vous le tirez simplement vers le haut à l'arrière (attaches en caoutchouc), puis le soulevez. Je n'ai pas retiré le diffuseur, mais je ne pense pas que vous ayez besoin d'outils spéciaux pour cela, très probablement juste un tas de vis hexagonales et il descend facilement.

Si vous avez une certaine expérience en mécanique automobile, cela ne devrait pas être un problème d'échanger le catback sur un 570S

Dans cette vidéo, vous voyez comment le catback sort:
[MEDIA = youtube] l3xHAESwlZI [/ MEDIA]
[/CITATION]

thank you for your message (y)
I had already seen the video
on the video we see the diffuser and the wheel arches remove.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts