McLaren Life banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Owner
428 Posts
Titanium rocks :)
Before you put everything back together, check for rattles - you will have to tighten everything around as well. You should have a heat shield on the bottom - make sure that is super tight not rubbing against anything.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi guys, just wanted to show pictures of my new exhaust I got for my 570. It was made by Top Speed Performance, it is the "cheapest" titanium exhaust you can get for the 570 from all the research I did, $2,100 to be exact. Right before ordering it, I asked them if they made the "blue titanium" look on their exhaust. They said that they had never done it on a 570 exhaust before but would give it a shot on mine if I wanted to be their test dummy. They sent a couple pictures halfway through the manufacturing process of building it to make sure I liked the blue titanium look. For a little over $2k, I don't see how you could get a better blue titanium exhaust for a 570! Will have it installed on the car this weekend.

IMG_4099 par keaton wynn , sur Flickr

IMG_4098 par keaton wynn , sur Flickr

IMG_4095 par keaton wynn , sur Flickr

F0725FFD-C853-4455-9340-AB51AC44B6C8 par keaton wynn , sur Flickr
[/CITATION]
Hi guys, just wanted to show pictures of my new exhaust I got for my 570. It was made by Top Speed Performance, it is the "cheapest" titanium exhaust you can get for the 570 from all the research I did, $2,100 to be exact. Right before ordering it, I asked them if they made the "blue titanium" look on their exhaust. They said that they had never done it on a 570 exhaust before but would give it a shot on mine if I wanted to be their test dummy. They sent a couple pictures halfway through the manufacturing process of building it to make sure I liked the blue titanium look. For a little over $2k, I don't see how you could get a better blue titanium exhaust for a 570! Will have it installed on the car this weekend.

IMG_4099 by keaton wynn, on Flickr

IMG_4098 by keaton wynn, on Flickr

IMG_4095 by keaton wynn, on Flickr

F0725FFD-C853-4455-9340-AB51AC44B6C8 by keaton wynn, on Flickr
Hello
always happy with your exhaust?
how many kilometers have you traveled since?
do you know the number of additional decibels ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes, it uses stock clamps to mate downpipes and tail pipes.

Install tip for OP: Tail pipes are slip on and they are little too tight. Get this loaner tool from Pepboys or Autozone before installing.

Good luck!
Hello

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hello
Put it on about 2 weeks ago. Fitment was perfect. Sounds is higher pitched, inside the car with the windows up it’s almost no different than stock just a tad louder. From outside the car though it’s definitely louder. Was driving with a buddy in his 488 and driving next to me he said it was definitely a higher pitch sound and louder than stock. The cars are insulated pretty good though so like I said with the windows up inside the car, it’s hard to tell a big difference over stock. But outside the car it’s definitely a more refined and higher pitched sound.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looks good.... Did you remove the bumper, or just do everything topside? Did the exhaust outlets without tips match up where the OEM exhaust was?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks good.... Did you remove the bumper, or just do everything topside? Did the exhaust outlets without tips match up where the OEM exhaust was?
Catback is relatively easily swapped without removing the bumper with just access from below and above. You keep the final piping and tips from the OEM exhaust. It is a direct replacement for the OEM parts (both catback and downpipes) using the stock install points and hardware. Downpipes uses the OEM heatshields, for the catback you can leave it as-is as it has pretty good clearance or if you want to be extra safe wrap it with heat wrap.

Can someone confirm the website for these guys is www.topspeedauto.com?
Yes correct!

They also have downpipes for the 570, both straight piped and 200 cell's (which makes a significant improvement in sound as well).

The sound is louder and more exotic compared to stock sports system and you also save some weight high up far back which is nice, no annoying drone while cruising either. I have both 200 cell cats and titanium catback on the car now and its significantly better than stock, sounds really mean! The non blue titanium version looks amazing as well!

With the 200 cell cats and non muffled catback (titanium or stainless) you hear the turbos spool very clearly with the windows down, really nice :) The cracks on downshifts are also significantly louder and more immersive :)

I have had Topspeed exhausts on 4 cars incl Porsche GT3 and Turbo, a Ferrari and now my McLaren 570S over the past 5 years. Great fitment and quality for unbeatable price! The sound is exactly like the significantly more expensive brands that use the same piping design! Fast and professional service with very good communication, highly recommended! If you want personal service ask for John, he has a 12C himself and knows McLarens really well, tell him hello from me (Roger from Sweden) :) !

Here is a sound clip with just the titanium catback, quite hard to hear the sound and difference in a video but at least its something:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Catback is relatively easily swapped without removing the bumper with just access from below and above. You keep the final piping and tips from the OEM exhaust. It is a direct replacement for the OEM parts (both catback and downpipes) using the stock install points and hardware. Downpipes uses the OEM heatshields, for the catback you can leave it as-is as it has pretty good clearance or if you want to be extra safe wrap it with heat wrap.

Yes correct!

They also have downpipes for the 570, both straight piped and 200 cell's (which makes a significant improvement in sound as well).

The sound is louder and more exotic compared to stock sports system and you also save some weight high up far back which is nice, no annoying drone while cruising either. I have both 200 cell cats and titanium catback on the car now and its significantly better than stock, sounds really mean! The non blue titanium version looks amazing as well!

With the 200 cell cats and non muffled catback (titanium or stainless) you hear the turbos spool very clearly with the windows down, really nice :) The cracks on downshifts are also significantly louder and more immersive :)

I have had Topspeed exhausts on 4 cars incl Porsche GT3 and Turbo, a Ferrari and now my McLaren 570S over the past 5 years. Great fitment and quality for unbeatable price! The sound is exactly like the significantly more expensive brands that use the same piping design! Fast and professional service with very good communication, highly recommended! If you want personal service ask for John, he has a 12C himself and knows McLarens really well, tell him hello from me (Roger from Sweden) :) !

View attachment 202209 View attachment 202208

Here is a sound clip with just the titanium catback, quite hard to hear the sound and difference in a video but at least its something:

"I have had Topspeed exhausts on 4 cars incl Porsche GT3 and Turbo, a Ferrari "

Thank you for your feedback (y).

With the exhausts topspeed you did a lot of kilometers
with GT3 and the Ferrari?

·
Registered
7 Posts
"I have had Topspeed exhausts on 4 cars incl Porsche GT3 and Turbo, a Ferrari "

Thank you for your feedback (y).

With the exhausts topspeed you did a lot of kilometers
with GT3 and the Ferrari?
Yes, basically in total I've had Topspeed exhausts on sports/supercars in total for about 5 years. I had Topspeed headers on the Ferrari for 2 years and 20K kilometers, on the GT3 i had a muffler delete section, it was one year and about 10K kilometers. Durability and quality has been very good with no issues, all systems have installed without needing any modifications.

I will get a Topspeed exhaust again for my next car (whatever and whenever that is) without a doubt 👍

·
Registered
7 Posts
You only had
TITANIUM EXHAUST AND ALSO IN STAINLESS STEEL?

I HAVE SEEN THERE IS ALSO IN STAINLESS STEEL

Yes they have a stainless version as well, if you want the most bang for the buck go with that, it will sound almost identical and you save a decent amount of money. I went with the titanium mostly for the "feeling" of having a titanium exhaust, it will have a very slightly more metallic resonance which i like but im quite sure it will be marginal and from inside the car it will be hard to hear the difference. Weight wise i think the titanium version is like ~2kg lighter than the stainless which is ~3-4kg lighter than the stock sports exhaust (which is very light for a stock exhaust).

21 - 40 of 43 Posts