McLaren Life banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just wanted to show pictures of my new exhaust I got for my 570. It was made by Top Speed Performance, it is the "cheapest" titanium exhaust you can get for the 570 from all the research I did, $2,100 to be exact. Right before ordering it, I asked them if they made the "blue titanium" look on their exhaust. They said that they had never done it on a 570 exhaust before but would give it a shot on mine if I wanted to be their test dummy. They sent a couple pictures halfway through the manufacturing process of building it to make sure I liked the blue titanium look. For a little over $2k, I don't see how you could get a better blue titanium exhaust for a 570! Will have it installed on the car this weekend.

IMG_4099 by keaton wynn, on Flickr

IMG_4098 by keaton wynn, on Flickr

IMG_4095 by keaton wynn, on Flickr

F0725FFD-C853-4455-9340-AB51AC44B6C8 by keaton wynn, on Flickr

·
Registered
83 Posts
After install wipe down with WD40 and then rub off/dry the WD40 with a clean microfiber. If you don't, any fingerprints from handling during the install will burn into it. It will smoke some at first startup but it will go away.

Also, uncovered/head-shielded exhausts scare me as I don't want to burn my car down lol.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After install wipe down with WD40 and then rub off/dry the WD40 with a clean microfiber. If you don't, any fingerprints from handling during the install will burn into it. It will smoke some at first startup but it will go away.

Also, uncovered/head-shielded exhausts scare me as I don't want to burn my car down lol.
Thanks for the WD40 install advice! I will make sure to do that. And I know many 570's that are running no heat shielded exhausts and none to my knowledge have any problems with heat! If anything taking out the big stock exhaust will help keep things cooler in the back of the car! Frees up a good amount of space getting rid of the stocker.

·
Vendor
9 Posts
That looks amazing. Congrats!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the same exhaust. Great exhaust for the money. I've got a regular titanium for $1900 but it turned into a beautiful blueish titanium after few hard runs and flame shoot revs.

Here is a pic of how mine looks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the same exhaust. Great exhaust for the money. I've got a regular titanium for $1900 but it turned into a beautiful blueish titanium after few hard runs and flame shoot revs.

Here is a pic of how mine looks.
View attachment 198662
That looks great! Thats pretty cool how it turned blue naturally like that. Any problems with no heat shields??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts