McLaren Life banner
901 - 918 of 918 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
Had a chat with GM at Quail and he said they are running roughly 6 months behind due to supply constraints (blah blah). He said he expected to see cars on the road in roughly 6 months...Can also expect 3 more ‘variants’ after they start delivering the T.50 and T.33. Spider version etc...Run of 100 each.

Time will tell I guess...but they won’t officially announce the variants until they start delivering on their first two cars...
Will we see customer cars delivered February/March or are there more delays?

@Woppum I came across your Instagram post, have they given you a confirmed delivery date yet?

· Registered
212 Posts
Will we see customer cars delivered February/March or are there more delays?
In this recently published Auto Express article (although they did the interview in October, so there might have been delays since then) they say the production will start in December. I think they said at one point that it will take 6 weeks to make a car, so we should see first cars by February. However, with the amount of test cars we've seen recently - doing hot weather testing in UAE and winter testing in Sweden as recently as a week ago, it doesn't really look to me that they are that close.

The encouraging bit here is that the number plate light is working! If they have the time to sort out things like that, then perhaps the car really is close to being done. 😄

Btw, for those interested, the tires used are Michelin Pilot Alpine PA4.

· Registered
84 Posts
Funny video with some nice information. English is not my first language so let me know if I interpreted something wrong and feel free to correct me.

• T.50s Niki Lauda will start protyping early 2023 and a running one in summer 2023
  • T.33 will start protyping early 2023, running 33s in early 2023 and starting the development program
  • T.50 production starts Q1 2023

· Registered
212 Posts
Funny video with some nice information. English is not my first language so let me know if I interpreted something wrong and feel free to correct me.

• T.50s Niki Lauda will start protyping early 2023 and a running one in summer 2023
  • T.33 will start protyping early 2023, running 33s in early 2023 and starting the development program
  • T.50 production starts Q1 2023
Yeah, that's pretty much it. I would also add my own interpretation - since they didn't dare mention a specific month - of the "Q1" being the end of March. That would mean first cars being ready in May.

Well, hopefully there won't be any more delays...

· Registered
212 Posts
Are they behind on schedule? Im not sure what their target dates have been, but they seem to be going on a pretty reasonable pace. My impression is they are still roughly on time. Do I have that wrong?
Yes. The target for first deliveries was January 2022. So a year late at this point, probably at least 14 months by the time we see the first car getting produced. Which, indeed, is not that bad considering some of the other hypercar delays we've seen - and also literally every other hypercar project in the world had been delayed by at least a year - but it's still quite annoying when they continuously miss their estimates. First it was January 2022 and GM said still in early 2021, a year into Covid lockdowns, that they were still on track to meet that. Then it switched to Spring 2022, then Summer 2022, then September 2022, and now it's Q1 2023. And this time, hopefully, that's correct. And it does look like it might be, but one could forgive a lonely enthusiast for being a bit annoyed and impatient at this point!

901 - 918 of 918 Posts