McLaren Life banner

421 - 440 of 441 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
The T.50 already weighs less than a Mazda Miata. It has little ticket windows so if you stripped out the AC you will likely be very uncomfortable on warm days. Plus you might find those passenger seats more useful than you think. The McLaren F1 has structural carbon fiber sills in between the seats (which is why I find it odd anyone is complaining about the shifter because the little pod it’s on appears to be narrower than the sill in the F1) so clearly the seats in the T.50 are already going to be a more comfortable 3 seater than the F1 is.

I remember one time I was visiting McLaren and the designers asked me to sit in an F1 and then sit in the Speedtail seating buck to give feedback on ingress/egress and comparative passenger seat comfort and visibility. At the time the left and right passenger areas had two different layouts they still working on the design. I recall they were already leaning toward (and ended up choosing) the one I liked best.

The Speedtail is better for passengers than the F1 and one could expect that the T.50 will be at least where the Speedtail is in that department if not slightly better again. But I’ve only seen it in pictures so I can’t be sure of that.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Definitely meant no disrespect to the seating design of the T.50 - it would be like nit-picking on near perfection.

I have had conversations with several car enthusiasts that are experiencing the same thing I have noticed... Trying to get normies and the younger crowd who 'seem' to be interested in performance cars more interested by offering them a ride only to be turned down. Weird. I use to and still do have a (good kind of) meltdown anytime I can experience a special kind of car.

·
Premium Member
2,279 Posts
The Niki Lauda

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #428

·
Premium Member
2,279 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,279 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,279 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
You both forget Prost and Mika ;-) ...

A McLaren Hunt just sounds like it would be much more fun to drive.
better get some rubber fenders on that ;-)

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Was going for the same era and one of Nikki Lauda's biggest competitors.

It would have to come with several cases of champagne and a couple of extra front splitters.
I have the feeling you intentionally leave sth. out here ...

421 - 440 of 441 Posts