McLaren Life banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suspect a brief introduction is necessary, so without further ado, and full award form.

My name is Jason, and from California. An avid driving enthusiast, and very much in love with the story that is Mclaren.

I've owned a few cars in my time, multiple corvettes, a couple P cars, and an Alfa 4c. Mclaren itself caught my attention because of the trickle down F1 technology that was brought directly to the driver.

Having driven a couple of the cars, I have a developing love affair with the marquee. Truly a place where art, technology, and the human component come together.

While any of the Mclaren cars are a tad rich for a normal working class guy like myself (mortgage, kids etc), my recent interactions with the brand have inspired me to look towards something I could possibly afford, and be part of the Mclaren family (I never truly understood this was far more significant than lip service until recently).

I'm currently browsing for a 12c, and or 570 Gt, as they seem to fit my budget.

Thanks in advance for having me,

Regards,

Jason

·
Registered
'15 650S Coupe, Aurora Blue
229 Posts
Welcome! I had very high expectations when circumstances launched me into the McLaren realm and I got my 650... I have driven and raced a multitude of bikes and cars throughout my obsession and in a nutshell, the 650 didn't disappoint! My level of expectation was met and shattered as I pushed the car harder and harder. Old records for both speed and time to distance have been obliterated... I find myself "cruising" thru twisties at levels far above all my previous cars and can easily hang with my buddies on their bikes (an accident precludes me from 2 wheels, now relegated to 3 & 4)....

I'm in NorCal (Northbay) BTW.... ;-)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey I'm a two wheel canyon rat myself! East Bay Native currently in Fairfield.

Truly the two Mclarens I've tested have been beyond spectacular. I just had the opportunity to do a tour a woking, and I'm done. Now I simply can't be without one.

·
Registered
'15 650S Coupe, Aurora Blue
229 Posts
Hey I'm a two wheel canyon rat myself! East Bay Native currently in Fairfield.

Truly the two Mclarens I've tested have been beyond spectacular. I just had the opportunity to do a tour a woking, and I'm done. Now I simply can't be without one.
HA! Awesome! I'm in Green Valley! So right around the corner... 😎 You still ride? I have been banished to my Spyder F3S....

·
Spec 570 Spider soon
Waiting to spec Artura Spider
516 Posts
Well done, Jason! She's a beauty. I'm jealous (In a good way!) and hope to join you in ownership around the end of the year...Congrats!

Reactions: jaysdubya
1 - 13 of 13 Posts