McLaren Life banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2012 MP4-12C
10,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A C8-Based Flagship Supercar Is Coming Too
He called one the “next version of the C8” and the “next step of performance for Chevrolet” adding that “you won’t be able to imagine it from a performance standpoint”. Although he did say that the second car is based on the C8 platform, he avoided directly naming it as a Corvette, and instead referred to it only as an “incredible performance car” that should “set the standard of the world in performance for Chevrolet” and “put the world on notice” on what GM can do. He did not clarify whether this model will be electric, electrified or ICE.
Interesting. Considering an 85hp ZR1 and hybrid twin turbo 1000hp Corvette Zora are coming out, what the heck is an even more 'supercar' version based on the mid engine C8 going to be. Fun to speculate and good to see GM spreading its wings on the platform.

·
Premium Member
2022 Mclaren 720S Spider black / black
27 Posts
I was #1 on a local dealership allocation list for almost 18 months and could never get a straight answer regarding possible production and order status. I had my mind set on a ZR1 or possibly the Zora. I couldn’t even get a slight hint on the Z06 production. …. It was just nothing but worthless frustration,…In my opinion. GM got a little over their heads with the mid engine models. A heck of a nice car that was priced affordable to the masses.That is where the problem started! But… the real BS was dealers asking $35 to $70K + over sticker price.

I really didn’t want to spend $150K for a Corvette that would possibly be worth 50% of what I paid for it a year after purchase. I then went for my original first choice of vehicles…and bought a new 2022 Mclaren 720S Spider.

2012 MP4-12C 2018 720s
3,163 Posts
How much will a Zora cost?
How much will the market pays for a car above the Zora? Do customers will forks above half a million for a Corvette? Genuine questions.
I’m confidently certain that it would be a tough sell in Europe.
(Repost from the other thread about C8)
The market will pay a lot over for it, many will get put in storage and never driven as a collector car. Many others will get crashed, but it'll get replaced by one of the other 100k of them they make over several years.

People will pay $500k for it, Ford had been doing it for years and now you're paying over 1 mil.
I was #1 on a local dealership allocation list for almost 18 months and could never get a straight answer regarding possible production and order status. I had my mind set on a ZR1 or possibly the Zora. I couldn’t even get a slight hint on the Z06 production. …. It was just nothing but worthless frustration,…In my opinion. GM got a little over their heads with the mid engine models. A heck of a nice car that was priced affordable to the masses.That is where the problem started! But… the real BS was dealers asking $35 to $70K + over sticker price.

I really didn’t want to spend $150K for a Corvette that would possibly be worth 50% of what I paid for it a year after purchase. I then went for my original first choice of vehicles…and bought a new 2022 Mclaren 720S Spider.
Your choice was the best one. Even the Z06 is performing almost as good as a 12C.

Reactions: Roxind and SJO

·
Premium Member
2022 Mclaren 720S Spider black / black
27 Posts
The market will pay a lot over for it, many will get put in storage and never driven as a collector car. Many others will get crashed, but it'll get replaced by one of the other 100k of them they make over several years.

People will pay $500k for it, Ford had been doing it for years and now you're paying over 1 mil.

Your choice was the best one. Even the Z06 is performing almost as good as a 12C.
Thank you for your response…. It is still not out of the question! Definitely don’t need another car, but you know how the once you see it gotta have it thing goes.

2012 MP4-12C 2018 720s
3,163 Posts
Thank you for your response…. It is still not out of the question! Definitely don’t need another car, but you know how the once you see it gotta have it thing goes.
I know several McLaren owners that got a C8 or had a C8 prior to McLaren to see what all the hype was about. They all say it's not in the ballpark of any McLaren.

2012 MP4-12C 2018 720s
3,163 Posts
Z06 is not in the realm of a C8. Neither is a McLaren. That engine is special
Z06 IS a C8. I've also seen the Z06 testing figures and racing against other cars and they're almost at 12C performance with that one, at least how the people are driving them. In a track handling scenario it'll probably get destroyed by the 12C.

Reactions: SJO
2012 MP4-12C 2018 720s
3,163 Posts
Reactions: SJO
1 - 12 of 12 Posts