McLaren Life banner

Glass Louvre Engine Cover

7K views 45 replies 16 participants last post by  roundincircles 
#1 ·
I saw this 12C with a glass louvres, on line ... (Lambo-esque)

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
Well I'm pretty certain none of that stuff is CFD optimized and/and or wind tunnel verified. I could be wrong, but the laminar air flow coming down the rear glass is very important for the car's aero efficiency and in particular the effectiveness of the Air Brake. All I see here is potential for serious turbulence.

And, I WILL have to send the Repo Man for your McLaren if you put any of that shizz on your car. Sorry I just have to draw the line somewhere! :)

#13 ·
Well the car getting these mods wears a plate from "Beautiful British Columbia" so that's certainly your territory. ;)

>8^)
ER

#15 ·
Ah those damn Canadians eh. Some times we just have no clue. Being Canadian I like it but only if it proves to be beneficial to the over all performance of the car. As mention not fond of the carbon fiber, and I would prefer that the glass be wider so that it would join up to the black OEM pieces on either side. Cheers....??

#16 ·
Ah those damn Canadians eh. Some times we just have no clue. Being Canadian I like it but only if it proves to be beneficial to the over all performance of the car. As mention not fond of the carbon fiber, and I would prefer that the glass be wider so that it would join up to the black OEM pieces on either side. Cheers....����
I always assumed Canadians were more refined:D We live and learn ;),and this car will not be more aerodynamically refined thats a given :p

#17 ·
Yes, I would like to think so as well eh, but every so often a situation like this arises eh. What can I say eh, have you had enough of one of our most commonly used termination words eh. Oh as well we love to drink beer and watch hockey??, which totally sucks this year. Cheers....??

#18 ·
Yes, I would like to think so as well eh, but every so often a situation like this arises eh. What can I say eh, have you had enough of one of our most commonly used termination words eh. Oh as well we love to drink beer and watch hockey����, which totally sucks this year. Cheers....����
Thought you were taking the P--s out of a yorkshireman eh! :D Now we invented eh!! ,but you can keep the hockey as over here its a girls game on a

par with rounders;) eh! didnt the Americans nick that game as well !!:D
but we do love beer Cheers

#25 ·
So far the bumpers and wheel arches appear to be safe, but they did put the wing on it:

I think it also has the Mansory rear diffuser.

>8^)
ER

#34 ·
Still can't stop laughing at the 'wing'.

The 'wing' on the MP4 is not a wing, it's part of the brake package and it's actually a BRAKE, downforce is provided by the venturi tunnels under the car. Would love to see that stupid 'wing' in the brake activated position. ROFLMAO.

#35 ·
I'm actually curious to know if the airbrake still deploys as it should? The way the function of it has been explained I wonder about it catching the wind properly to rise to its full height. :confused:

>8^)
ER

#43 ·
That looks even worse lol.

Apart from the idiotic '3rd' hole in the middle that pretend to be a 458 with bigger and squarer and higher exhaust tips.

So Hamann took out the brake and added a wing to the rear. I hope they balanced the downforce front and back or else the handling will be all screwed up, not to mention the braking performance will be a lot worse.

Did Hamann use a wind tunnel to style the 'kit'? Do they know if the 'wing' will be in clean air or dirty air coming off the roof? That roof 'scoop' is going to mess up the air flow compared with stock. Did they balance the front splitter down force gain with the wing? If not then the steering might get too light and the front end lifts if the wing makes too much downforce. If the rear wing don't make enough to balance the splitter then the rear end will get super light that's dangerous also.

Then there is the side edges, the stock car's rear profile has been carefully sculptured to delaminate the flow and balance the turbulence, this body kits' rear looks like it's slapped on at random to create a certain look, more than likely it will create a ton of drag and slow the car down.

A complete poser kit, nothing more, and unsafe at speed.

Sorry Jerry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.