McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
When I saw that on a Lambo, I knew their engineers had real problems: An engine that is too hot that if it gets hit by cold rainwater -- -- arrivederci amico.

But you gotta admit -- -- it's got real style. :D

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I saw this 12C with a glass louvres, on line ... (Lambo-esque)
I love it, not crazy about the carbon fiber though. The more air you can allow to flow through the engine compartment area the better, cooler is better then hot. So where was this car seen and did you get any particulars on who makes this piece. Cheers....??

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm talking about thee carbon fiber if any body knows which company can sell them, please PM

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Yes - Mansory's part:

>8^)
ER

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
They have EXCESSorized the car. ;)

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Well I'm pretty certain none of that stuff is CFD optimized and/and or wind tunnel verified. I could be wrong, but the laminar air flow coming down the rear glass is very important for the car's aero efficiency and in particular the effectiveness of the Air Brake. All I see here is potential for serious turbulence.

And, I WILL have to send the Repo Man for your McLaren if you put any of that shizz on your car. Sorry I just have to draw the line somewhere! :)

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Well the car getting these mods wears a plate from "Beautiful British Columbia" so that's certainly your territory. ;)

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Ah those damn Canadians eh. Some times we just have no clue. Being Canadian I like it but only if it proves to be beneficial to the over all performance of the car. As mention not fond of the carbon fiber, and I would prefer that the glass be wider so that it would join up to the black OEM pieces on either side. Cheers....??

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Ah those damn Canadians eh. Some times we just have no clue. Being Canadian I like it but only if it proves to be beneficial to the over all performance of the car. As mention not fond of the carbon fiber, and I would prefer that the glass be wider so that it would join up to the black OEM pieces on either side. Cheers....����
I always assumed Canadians were more refined:D We live and learn ;),and this car will not be more aerodynamically refined thats a given :p

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I always assumed Canadians were more refined:D We live and learn ;),and this car will not be more aerodynamically refined thats a given :p
Yes, I would like to think so as well eh, but every so often a situation like this arises eh. What can I say eh, have you had enough of one of our most commonly used termination words eh. Oh as well we love to drink beer and watch hockey??, which totally sucks this year. Cheers....??

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Yes, I would like to think so as well eh, but every so often a situation like this arises eh. What can I say eh, have you had enough of one of our most commonly used termination words eh. Oh as well we love to drink beer and watch hockey����, which totally sucks this year. Cheers....����
Thought you were taking the P--s out of a yorkshireman eh! :D Now we invented eh!! ,but you can keep the hockey as over here its a girls game on a

par with rounders;) eh! didnt the Americans nick that game as well !!:D
but we do love beer Cheers

·
Owner
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, I would like to think so as well eh, but every so often a situation like this arises eh. What can I say eh, have you had enough of one of our most commonly used termination words eh. Oh as well we love to drink beer and watch hockey??, which totally sucks this year. Cheers....??
Extreme,
You forgot the ever popular western Canadian termination: "For sure" ;)
P.S. I agree the hatch would look better if the glass louvres went fully over to the black vents on the sides.:)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts