McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 black spider. Other than plastic protection and radar anything I'm missing that I should ask dealer to install? Car is in stock so not looking to build car.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Laser jammers? And that the radar is integrated into the rear view mirror. Also saw a guy that put a rearview camera on the car and had that display integrated into the rear view mirror. Was pretty cool.

Think the guys at Phili Mac do it.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I saw it on a yellow spider (with awesome yellow diamondcut lightweight rims).

I didn't take a snap shot, but the rear camera was installed by the license plate, and it ran to the rearview mirror where they installed a little screen. So it was basically invisible unless you turned the rear camera on, it just looked like a regular rearview mirror. Spiffy.

Yes, the Philidelphia McLaren dealer.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
KSBENZ woops not sure if you had the camera or the sat radio?

If it was the camera, was that your yellow on yellow? The rims were incredible! They were laying on the ground at the time. Would love to see pics of the entire thing together. Also, what did you use for control to turn it on/off. Would love to see what you had installed around the dash to flip it on/off.

Congrats, great looking car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That was my car.. Glad you like the rims. McLaren Philly did all the work.

My car has backup camera and satellite radio retrofitted..

The video mirror display is by http://www.intraphex.com/portfolio/mirror-systems/ modified by me to fit the standard windshield mount.. Backup camera is activated when put in reverse. Uses backup light as the camera trigger.

The satellite radio is a Garmin Zumo 665LM Motorcycle GPS system plugged into the audio input jack in the console. The Garmin is mounted high on the Iris display right below the center ac duct. All Iris touch screen commands are accessible.

I use voice activated Bluetooth, XM Satellite Radio, traffic and weather radar display, MP3 player, navigation all from the Garmin.

The only thing the iris is used for is the amp...

All functions work great.. and dead accurate.

Sorry for the bad pic... It's the only one I have right now..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

The video mirror display is by http://www.intraphex.com/portfolio/mirror-systems/ modified by me to fit the standard windshield mount.. Backup camera is activated when put in reverse. Uses backup light as the camera trigger.

The satellite radio is a Garmin Zumo 665LM Motorcycle GPS system plugged into the audio input jack in the console. The Garmin is mounted high on the Iris display right below the center ac duct. All Iris touch screen commands are accessible.

I use voice activated Bluetooth, XM Satellite Radio, traffic and weather radar display, MP3 player, navigation all from the Garmin.

Hey, who did the work on the car? Would you mind sharing some more pics and info on the setup. That sounds like a pretty awesome set of additions. I would really like to see the backup camera and how it looks.

Much appreciated!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
12 Posts
McLaren Philly did my rims and suggested that Goodman Radio perform all the wiring for my Valentine Radar detector, Garmin Satellite radio system and backup camera. They are very familar with exotics, especially McLaren's and do excellent work.

The Video Mirror modification and Garmin system mounting was done by me....

See link
http://www.mclarenlife.com/forums/mclaren-mp4-12c/2642-xm-satellite-radio.html

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
It is on it's way but no date released yet!

·
Registered
183 Posts

Was your car?? Already in and out of it so soon??

1 - 20 of 36 Posts