McLaren Life banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else done a "dirty" photoshoot? The car gets just as much attention, and in my opinion looks as good or better with some road dirt. Anyone agree? or do you go to the car-wash on a daily basis? - Not practical if you really use the car. I am even going away for new year somewhere fancy and NOT cleaning it!
Dirty Mac 011cr.jpg
Dirty Mac 014.jpg
Dirty Mac 021.jpg
Dirty Mac 022.jpg
Dirty Mac 025.jpg
Dirty Mac 033.jpg
Dirty Mac 038.jpg
:)

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Sorry Mark,i posted one very dirty photo over a year ago,in fact it was so long ago i gave up looking for the thread,but it is a car that looks better out in the wild than cruising city streets imo:D
Lets see more pictures of dirty cars ;)

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Very astute 6th ,you really cannot be that ill,your brain is in top gear :)
Cheers, andy. My wife says 'posting on that forum sure keeps you sharp'. Or, she might have said 'you stupid moron, you think you're so damn smart.' Not sure which, that bloody ISG has knackered my hearing.

p.s. to the OP's question. After 10,000 km, I appreciate both a clean and dirty mac. But the nod is to the dirty! :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
oh dear

i am happy to know that i 'n not the only mp4 owner with all these dirty roads around me... makes me crazy

anyway, i take my car today on some twisty road to discover upgrade effects !

·
Banned
111 Posts
Nice to see your using the car but hopefully been detailed and protected in the first instance as going to make a mess cleaning the car trying to get the dirt off without a coating, especially being black and soft lacquer. Plenty of marring, holograms and swirl marks when the sun comes out.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Nice to see your using the car but hopefully been detailed and protected in the first instance as going to make a mess cleaning the car trying to get the dirt off without a coating, especially being black and soft lacquer. Plenty of marring, holograms and swirl marks when the sun comes out.
I have booked the sun for 2014, do we really think there might be some here next year:D

·
Registered
691 Posts
I love dirty supercars. Especially after a post-snow slush drive, where they look like they've been on a black ops mission. Dark color Vanquishes (the real ones, not the new ones) with post-snow patterns are especially evil.

·
Registered
983 Posts
My car is routinely the filthiest 12C getting cleaned at MacSF - I even got out of a ticket a few months back because of it. Cop walked up after pulling me over and first thing he said was, "You need to get this thing WASHED!" And I joked back "Wouldn't you rather see this beast being driven and used, instead of languishing in a garage somewhere, unappreciated?" He thought about it for a second and said, "Yeah, you're right - keep it under a hundred, and have a nice day." (abridged)

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
My car is routinely the filthiest 12C getting cleaned at MacSF - I even got out of a ticket a few months back because of it. Cop walked up after pulling me over and first thing he said was, "You need to get this thing WASHED!" And I joked back "Wouldn't you rather see this beast being driven and used, instead of languishing in a garage somewhere, unappreciated?" He thought about it for a second and said, "Yeah, you're right - keep it under a hundred, and have a nice day." (abridged)
Ha, nice! I love it when you get the reasonable guys. It restores your faith in people, somehow!

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I was told by a cop once that, it's your demeanor and the first words out of your month that will determine how you will be ticketed. So your approach worked, you were being honest an

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Sorry I hit the send button prematurely.
and sincere and it worked out to your advantage. Treat people the way you want to be treated. As for the dirty car, I love and appreciate everything I own. That said I love my stuff to be clean, and yes things get dirty from time to time but I will clean it up afterwards. Cheers....??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts