McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes I had that on my car also. If you remove the rearmost undertray there is a weep hole which is where my gearbox oil was leaking from. A call to my dealer and the car was collected and problem solved.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Yes I had that on my car also. If you remove the rearmost undertray there is a weep hole which is where my gearbox oil was leaking from. A call to my dealer and the car was collected and problem solved.
So did they the dealership indicate to you what had caused this unfortunate event. Was it a defect, something that had become loose, driving to hard, excessive temperature etc, yes I'm curious to know. ? Cheers....??

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Micheal thank you for your response.... I really hope my problem is similar and it can be solved with no further complications. :(

When this happened on my Ferrari- gearbox was leaking- they had to fabricate a brand new gearbox for my car specifically and ship it over in a container from Italy to Dubai... all under warrantee but still a lot stress and hassle for me + car was in the dealership for over a month.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Micheal thank you for your response.... I really hope my problem is similar and it can be solved with no further complications. :(

When this happened on my Ferrari- gearbox was leaking- they had to fabricate a brand new gearbox for my car specifically and ship it over in a container from Italy to Dubai... all under warrantee but still a lot stress and hassle for me + car was in the dealership for over a month.
Mrwolf that sounds extremely painful and stressful all at the same time. Highly unlikely that that is the case with your Mac, it would be nice to know the causes and the possible preventatives to these dilemmas. Well I've got my fingers crossed and hoping that your situation is just a minor inconvenience, please keep us posted. Cheers....??

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mrwolf that sounds extremely painful and stressful all at the same time. Highly unlikely that that is the case with your Mac, it would be nice to know the causes and the possible preventatives to these dilemmas. Well I've got my fingers crossed and hoping that your situation is just a minor inconvenience, please keep us posted. Cheers....����
Of course, I shall keep you fully posted, recovery is on the way and I will wait to hear from the head technician at their service center after he checks it over. Hopefully it *is* just a loose drain plug otherwise my drain plug is going to come loose as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
On my car the fix was to replace the gearbox, which was quickly done.
Boy oh boy, how the hell did that happen, I really didn't think you were going to come back with that type of a response. Did they explain to why, is this just a one of type situation, not very happy to hear that. ??

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Michael how long did that take? Shit this is already turning into a horror story lol

I would never have such a problem with my camel

·
Registered
36 Posts
It really wasn't that big of a deal, especially considering the level of service I received. I should preface that by saying I currently own 6 Lotuses (all of which run) along with a bevy of other British marques . So my world doesn't implode when these things happen, which they will. This is my second 12C and and I have logged almost Twenty thousand miles on both. It is by far the most gratifying car I have ever driven.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Michael how long did that take? Shit this is already turning into a horror story lol

I would never have such a problem with my camel
That's funny Mrwolf, just make sure you keep feeding that camel or you will run into problems with it as well. LOL...??

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Micheal your insight is highly appreciated. I 100% agree that for me too, whilst only having done 1600 km so far, Mclaren ownership has been highly gratifying.

I would also add that the customer service I have received so far has been excellent.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
It really wasn't that big of a deal, especially considering the level of service I received. I should preface that by saying I currently own 6 Lotuses (all of which run) along with a bevy of other British marques . So my world doesn't implode when these things happen, which they will. This is my second 12C and and I have logged almost Twenty thousand miles on both. It is by far the most gratifying car I have ever driven.
So Michael when you had the tranny problem what type of milage was logged onto your car. Did they indicate why this had occurred or was it just a one of situation which has yet to occur elsewhere. I know I'm very curious/nosey as well a pain in the backside. Hope your enjoying your bevy of lotuses. Cheers.....??

·
Name: Dimitri
37 Posts
The thing is, if there is ever a problem....

Camel burgers for everyone :D
lol! hilarious! i hope your problem will be minor, but in case you have to change your tranny ,under warranty of course, insist on shipping by fedex ie speed courier, i had the same prob with my previous aventador, and after complaining they accepted to ship by fedex, i received the new gearbox after 4 days

·
Registered
89 Posts

Mr Wolf,
What model Ferrari did you have when you experienced the leak?
Good luck with rectifying your current issue.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Italia, it was a california...
Well you're in a much better car now, I'm sure they will sort the leak problem promptly.

Did the California experience dissuade you from looking closely at a 458?

Would be interested in your impressions.
Best

1 - 20 of 117 Posts