McLaren Life banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching a review of the 600LT in Germany, and noticed that when in Active Track Performance mode that the car makes a beep sound along with the shift indicators.

How do we enable this?

·
Registered
788 Posts
I was watching a review of the 600LT in Germany, and noticed that when in Active Track Performance mode that the car makes a beep sound along with the shift indicators.

How do we enable this?
U.S. cars have it too.

With the left stalk; navigate in the instrument cluster display to settings. Within settings; select "vehicle" select Performance Shift cue. Then make the selection. (note; it is difficult to hear it when you have a helmet on in the car).

--------------------------------------------

Performance Shift Cue (PSC)
PSC is an audible shift indicator, which will
sound during full throttle acceleration in
manual gearbox mode, to indicate that an
upshift is required to maintain optimum
performance.
When ‘OFF’ is selected, the PSC function will
be disabled.
When ‘SPORT & TRACK’ is selected, PSC will
be active in either Sport or Track powertrain
or handling modes.
When ‘TRACK ONLY’ is selected, PSC will only
be active in Track powertrain or handling
modes.
Press and hold the OK button on the end of
of the control stalk to confirm your choice.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hm, I have that enabled 🤔

1) You might be shifting too early. Let it hit the limiter
2) the sound is very faint (windows down and you won't hear it over the wind and engine sound
3) Not sure - but make sure there isn't any bluetooth devices connected (this feature is only applicable to me on track)
4) Try it with windows up to reduce sound inside the cabin
5) record in car with a gopro and listen for a beep

Note: I have never heard the shift cue inside the car. The only reason I know it works is when I analyze my track videos and I hear a faint beep sound and figured out that's what it was (my dealer specifically told me that I wouldn't be able to hear it inside the car with windows down and at high RPM. He was right)

Listen for the faint beep at 2:55 and 3:35 of this video (this is my video, from helmet cam and windows down. You'll have to really pay attention (The european track videos have windows up policy so there is very little exterior sound in the cabin).

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hm yeah, I always have my iPhone connected - maybe that's why? That sucks that it doesn't supersede it

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hm yeah, I always have my iPhone connected - maybe that's why? That sucks that it doesn't supersede it
I don’t know if the phone being connected has anything to do with it . The beep is very faint and hard to hear on track with windows down , high rpm and a helmet on. I’ve only heard the sound via the GoPro afterwards .

·
Registered
185 Posts
Funny, never have a problem hearing the stupid tire pressure low beep/warning when at the track, but this is inaudible somehow!

·
Owner
371 Posts
US cars have this as well - are you sure you are driving it hard enough and to revv range? Otherwise, you are not going to prompt the audio warning. It is not super loud, but it is there.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got it to trigger just fine, just really light when windows are down with decatted exhaust and high RPM revving engine.

They need to adjust that volume up to match the obnoxious parking sensors

1 - 9 of 9 Posts