McLaren Life banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all, I just bought a 2012 Coupe and I can't seem to get the gas flap to lock. Even with the doors and frunk locked, and the key very far from the car, it will still open. I don't like that anyone could stick stuff in there, and I don't think an aftermarket locking device (even one of the small ones that fits down in the filler neck) will be compatible with the capless system. Has anyone else had a similar problem? I'm 150 miles from the dealer, so if I could fix it myself I'd prefer that of course.

Many Thanks,

Shawn

·
Registered
862 Posts
It was/is a known problem but more due to the fact that it failed to unlock rather than lock. One of the parts (solenoid?) was upgraded mid 2012 ish to overcome this. Dealer will replace under warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a different problem... my gas flap would sometimes open for no reason at all when I lock or unlock the car... completely random and it happens maybe once a month... It's kind of annoying as I wouldn't notice it open until someone on the road pointed it out to me...

·
Owner
893 Posts
I have a different problem... my gas flap would sometimes open for no reason at all when I lock or unlock the car... completely random and it happens maybe once a month... It's kind of annoying as I wouldn't notice it open until someone on the road pointed it out to me...
Think of it as a mini-airbrake. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts