McLaren Life banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If anyone is looking to swap their meteorite Eye sockets, Front Splitter, Side Vents, Bonnet Vents and Rear Bumper and
Diffuser to the carbon fiber version please PM me.
Brand new OEM McLaren parts.

Retail on theSee as you know is pretty high, get everything at an absolutely fantastic price comparatively speaking.

DFDF7970-5973-4E0B-97B7-B4A84ADEE79D.jpeg
899BFE26-AA27-4525-8632-B09C10C176DA.jpeg
29BDB525-623E-44BB-BDBA-99919B2FB776.jpeg
16E51732-9084-4D4C-B686-47D095B53DDA.jpeg

C830BB94-3AAB-46D4-9810-326EFEC9D9B2.jpeg
5F338921-9B0B-4CF7-BAC7-F536E2CCD0A7.jpeg
5DA339D9-4FC2-4B01-AD25-AC5C33692934.jpeg

2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Overall quite a bit compared to the composite parts. The meteorite is not that attractive, it is plastic and in my opinion doesn’t belong on a car of this caliber. The carbon just sets the overall look of the vehicle off so well.

for those interested, I had a buyer but seems that they are not following through.

That being said, these OEM, brand new McLaren parts are available at a very attractive price point for the person ready to bring the overall look of their 720S Coupe or Spider to the next level.

Feel free to text/call 904-629-0887 or PM if interested.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I am not int the business of weighing parts bud, you’re welcome to do the weighing and share with everyone though.
Funny, if I was selling very expensive CF Mclaren parts I would 100% weigh the parts and be able to tell prospective punters what the weight saving benefits were, these are Mclaren after all, CF and weight saving are their DNA

And thank you for your suggestion, I will be doing very shortly ;)

2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As @tb993tt said, it would probably help sell them to some people - giving more reasons to buy increases the chances of a sale, IMO.

The cheapest way of saving weight, for me, would be a diet :(
You are right and This is very true, each part is literally less than half the weight of each respective part changed out. The biggest weight savings, the Airbrake, the factory or composite unit is like a snowboard, 9-11lbs literally! Our carbon unit weighs 3lbs.

That being said, you guys are right, it does all add up but truth be told 90+% of these cars never see track days nor are they pushed to their limits in any way. Hence why I said it’s mostly for the overall look of the vehicle.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You are right and This is very true, each part is literally less than half the weight of each respective part changed out. The biggest weight savings, the Airbrake, the factory or composite unit is like a snowboard, 9-11lbs literally! Our carbon unit weighs 3lbs.

That being said, you guys are right, it does all add up but truth be told 90+% of these cars never see track days nor are they pushed to their limits in any way. Hence why I said it’s mostly for the overall look of the vehicle.
Not sure I understand your original reply as tb993tt stated. Seems more like a market trader selling IPhone cases than high end McLaren carbon !!

If you really are genuine and wish to sell genuine McLaren parts you need to spend to some on researching what you are selling.
Not everyone is going to drop thousands of dollars 💵 on what is essentially 10 times what it should be just because it’s McLaren.

Besides before purchasing any Carbon all potential purchasers should check with a dealer first as very often they are cheaper. Most dealers hold CF stock which when it sits around can be bought well below list

I bought a 720s CF engine cover, list £2,800, EBay £2,800 , Mac dealer £1,254. Less than half

2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Not sure I understand your original reply as tb993tt stated. Seems more like a market trader selling IPhone cases than high end McLaren carbon !!

If you really are genuine and wish to sell genuine McLaren parts you need to spend to some on researching what you are selling.
Not everyone is going to drop thousands of dollars 💵 on what is essentially 10 times what it should be just because it’s McLaren.

Besides before purchasing any Carbon all potential purchasers should check with a dealer first as very often they are cheaper. Most dealers hold CF stock which when it sits around can be bought well below list

I bought a 720s CF engine cover, list £2,800, EBay £2,800 , Mac dealer £1,254. Less than half
Well “Rocket”, considering I am paying to be a vendor or sponsor on this forum. I would have to say that I am invested and if you ask any of my customers, which are far and wide at this point, my knowledge as well as customer service is better than any dealer.

I have been a member of McLarenLife since 2014 and decided to be a proud sponsor or supporter of McLarenLife since 2015

Per history of this brand, I have owned 5 McLaren models personally, 2013 MP4-12C, 650S, and 3 720S, 2 coupes and now the Spider. so I think I know exactly what I am talking about when it comes to these cars.

When it comes to sales, If thats the way you see how I am approaching this, I would suggest that you purchase whatever you may need from the dealer of your choice, that is your choice sir.

As a company we have corporate sponworship from Michelin as well as Borg Warner on a build that we are finishing up now which is yielding 1400hp. The techs I deal with on a daily basis are nothing short of the best, period.

An a closing note, I certainly don‘t need You telling me how to conduct business that is for sure.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I can attest to David at Evolution as being a great and knowledgeable seller. I’m certain I am not the only one who feels this way 👍🏻
I too have bought from Evolution, on my F cars and my L cars. (I actually believe I might have been the first to post some weight savings on some parts on my F car on F Chat when I first bought from them many moons ago). Great parts, customer service, etc. In fairness to EA - They carry a lot of replacement CF parts, it would be difficult to have every spect and weight savings on everything they sell. I also am guessing they do not do the manufacturing on some/all of the parts - but they do service, and take care of their customers, and carry high end parts - from my experience.

2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I too have bought from Evolution, on my F cars and my L cars. (I actually believe I might have been the first to post some weight savings on some parts on my F car on F Chat when I first bought from them many moons ago). Great parts, customer service, etc. In fairness to EA - They carry a lot of replacement CF parts, it would be difficult to have every spect and weight savings on everything they sell. I also am guessing they do not do the manufacturing on some/all of the parts - but they do service, and take care of their customers, and carry high end parts - from my experience.
Thank you very much for the kind words Rich. It’s hard to believe that we’ve known each other as long as we have isn’t it? We are truly blessed.

I think that every single customer deserves 100% when it comes to being fair and in customer service. It doesn't matter if the person is spending $20 or$20,000.00 they get the same treatment.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I can attest to David at Evolution as being a great and knowledgeable seller. I’m certain I am not the only one who feels this way 👍🏻
You're not the only one either...I can attest to David being a straight shooter too. I've bought multiple carbon bits from him and he is as straight as they come. I could have taken the time to weigh the bits but a lot of them are fairly big and I certainly don't have a weight scale that can handle pieces that big...I just have a bathroom scale, LOL. I just compare their weight by hand. The carbon airbrake wing is a LOT lighter than the stock airbrake. Same goes for the Senna seat compared to the stock seat. :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
You're not the only one either...I can attest to David being a straight shooter too. I've bought multiple carbon bits from him and he is as straight as they come. I could have taken the time to weigh the bits but a lot of them are fairly big and I certainly don't have a weight scale that can handle pieces that big...I just have a bathroom scale, LOL. I just compare their weight by hand. The carbon airbrake wing is a LOT lighter than the stock airbrake. Same goes for the Senna seat compared to the stock seat. :)
You do it like this :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I’m surprised you didn’t just answer the question. Just weigh the damn parts and list the numbers man.

That’s like asking Mclaren what the top speed of the 720S is and them replying “Why do you care? All you need to know is that it’s fast! You won’t even get to the top speed anyways! We have better things to do than waste our time on your question you pesky potential customer.”

·
Registered
235 Posts
I would also echo the other comments. David is top notch and a true professional!! while Carbon parts will save some weight the difference in performance will not be noticeable. now cosmetically it will Definitely change the look of the car.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I misread what Kmaaq wrote :)

It really doesn't need customers jumping to the vendors defence it is only my opinion and as we know on forums opinions will differ !

1 - 20 of 28 Posts