McLaren Life banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
McLaren Owners -- Do not ever misplace your fuel funnel if you ever had one. I never had one delivered with my vehicle. It is virtuously impossible to add fuel from anything other than a proper pump nozzle without the funnel, I asked to replace it when I was in for service. $133 for a plastic funnel. Should have been $20 max. I have filtered funnels that are $20 that prevent water etc. McLaren are you f'in nuts? What happens should you run out of fuel? The McLaren fill port is an "Easy Fuel" capless filler. Funnels are available from Ford. This is strike one as to why I shall never again buy a McLaren. AND I LOVE MY 12C to death but McLaren as a company--a lot to be desired. Good thing the P1's are sold out. I shall not be inquiring.

·
Registered
964 Posts
So you wouldn't ever buy another McLaren because of a fuel funnel.... cool story.:eek:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They get three strikes. This is only the first. It really pisses me off that they would charge so much for such an inexpensive necessity.

·
Registered
807 Posts
They get three strikes. This is only the first. It really pisses me off that they would charge so much for such an inexpensive necessity.
If that's truly how you feel, maybe you should just sell it now instead of waiting for strikes two and three. I hear your point, but any old funnel will do. Just grab one from the kitchen and get back to driving. :)

·
Registered
551 Posts
What is a fuel funnel?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Why not just actually fill up the car at a gas station? I'm confused...

Belg, its a funnel you can put into the new kind of fuel filler cap to be able to get fuel in from a canister of some sort...

·
Registered
715 Posts
There are several dozen on eBay from 8 bux. Lighten up Francis. Buy a key for dodge... It's $225.

All these cars are a ridiculous proposition before you get anywhere near the emergency capless fuel filler funnel.

My dealer said it's $133 because they were tested in a wind tunnel and approved for use up to 207 mph. So there.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I don't see what the problem is here, so it takes a special funnel to fill your tank incase you run out of gas, wow.... This funnel costs +$100 if you loose or misplace it just don't do either on top of which don't run out of gas. So the thing costs approximately .0005% of the total cost of your car that deserves another big wow. As I always say it's not the end of the world or c'est pas la fin du monde. If that really bothers you I would definitely get rid of the car in a hurry. Cheers.....??

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
There are several dozen on eBay from 8 bux. Lighten up Francis. Buy a key for dodge... It's $225.

All these cars are a ridiculous proposition before you get anywhere near the emergency capless fuel filler funnel.

My dealer said it's $133 because they were tested in a wind tunnel and approved for use up to 207 mph. So there.
That's not bad WD don't tell Francis but the key fob for the Mac is like 6 times that price, which was also speed tested by the way LOL??. Cheers....??

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The point is that from Ford, for the exact same part, the cost is $7.33. Some of this crap just gets to be obscene. But then again, some people like to be raped.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
The point is that from Ford, for the exact same part, the cost is $7.33. Some of this crap just gets to be obscene. But then again, some people like to be raped.
Its just not a bespoke part,any funnel will do !!!.And it all depends who,s doing the raping,i admit she would have to pretty with a big rack,or im outa here ;)

·
McLaren Fanatic
3,071 Posts
Ford sold 2,168,015 vehicles in 2012. McLaren sold less than 2,000. I'm not sure you are making the apples to apples comparison that you think you are.

The answer is, don't buy McLaren's funnel if you think it is overpriced. The other answer is, when buying a used McLaren make sure you get that damn overpriced funnel. ;)

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
OkAy I confess I paid £12.5 for my official replacement wind tunnel tested Mclaren fuel filler.
I don't think I ever actually saw it mind so I guess I missed out...

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
OkAy I confess I paid £12.5 for my official replacement wind tunnel tested Mclaren fuel filler.
I don't think I ever actually saw it mind so I guess I missed out...
Mikey

I'm surprised you did not get the MSO special edition.........faster filling and carbon fibre with the weave arranged in a clockwise route for Northern Hemisphere customers and anti-clockwise for Southern Hemisphere customers......... Sales on the equator have both.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
There is an old RIC Grandad proverb. Price is not attached to cost , so there , stick that in your pipe and smoke it.( he smoked Ogdens Old Shag in his pipe)
Ogdens old shag,thanks RIC,youve bought back a smell memory from the 70,s,triggered a whole load of other good thoughts of my old Dad,thanks :)

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
There is an old RIC Grandad proverb. Price is not attached to cost , so there , stick that in your pipe and smoke it.( he smoked Ogdens Old Shag in his pipe)

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Mikey

I'm surprised you did not get the MSO special edition.........faster filling and carbon fibre with the weave arranged in a clockwise route for Northern Hemisphere customers and anti-clockwise for Southern Hemisphere customers......... Sales on the equator have both.
Sadly I was unaware such a option existed I am a richer or indeed poorer man in this knowledge

1 - 18 of 18 Posts