McLaren Life banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
I've seen this too, just a thud transmitted up thru the steering wheel.

It's funny, the main freeway I drive on, the issue only appears when driving east, not west. I guess the road expansion joints rise up towards the east. :p

·
Registered
103 Posts
i noticed the same sound, and they change the steering wheel box and now it's much much better than before, but still their is some sounds compaire to my 458 with almost no sounds and my LP560 with again no sounds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys, has anyone really found an answer to this front end creaking/knocking (sounds like you’re on a boat) I’ve check tighten ever bolt in the suspension and all are tight. I know the upper control arm bushings go bad, but I’m not convinced. They look good. I’ve had my friends rock the car hard while parked and can’t replicate the creaking boat mast sound, so leaves me to believe suspension components are ok. I’ve had the car on a lift and checked every bolt underneath and all is tight. It creaks bad in normal settle and not as bad in track settle. I’m lost as I thought it was related to suspension but like I said, rocked the car hard and don’t hear anything. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated! Car is 2012 with 15k miles. Thanks 😊

21 - 23 of 23 Posts