McLaren Life banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an interesting issue with my MP4 the other day. Driving home after work and everytime I go below 12km per hour or stop the car starts beeping at me, no fault lights happening and it sounds like parking sensors, but no cars are close.

At home, I call the McService guys and they ask - "was the car parked outside" (it was a hot day) - yes it was. He says it's the front number plate being picked up by the parking sensors.

Turns out the McDealer here in NSW Australia puts the number plates on with double-sided tape. On a HOT day with the car parked in the sun the plate peels out a bit on the edge and the front parking sensors pick it up.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I had exactly the same and it was driving me nuts in traffic. The shop did something to the number plate and it was gone.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I Understatement this is Not a fix for the problem itself, but you realize you can turn off the sensor by pressing the knob used for the side mirrors?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I Understatement this is Not a fix for the problem itself, but you realize you can turn off the sensor by pressing the knob used for the side mirrors?
I didn't remember that at the time - thanks for the info. I did ready the manual just the other day and that part didn't stick in my head.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Good to know. Glad somebody read the manual b/c I sure didn't!

·
Registered
144 Posts
@ Dokken: mine was doing the exact same thing, took it to the dealer and they needed to replace the sensors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts