McLaren Life banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Mine was spotted at Wilton House by a company man... it's been replaced now ;)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Was it the regular (red) one, or the CF? Would be surprised if the red one split, it seems like pretty stout metal with enamel over top. I left mine off after it was removed to install clearbra. I was surprised to see how different the VR paint shade was underneath the logo. I wouldn't have thought the sun would fade it so much. I'll post a pic later.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Its just the enamel cracking from a probable impact with a stone,they are only a few £/$ and quick to replace,nothing to fuss about :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Here are some pix of the logo in question!
Funny enough, I've had the exact same thing happen to my car a few weeks ago -- friend of mine spotted it. Will mention it when I bring the car in for service in the future, and if not covered, I'll just get the CF one to replace it with since I prefer it anyhow. Let me know what you end up doing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the input guys. My dealer is trying to get it replaced under warranty. MP4GASM .... I have the same color. Get more comments about the color (positive) than the car itself!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Funny enough, I've had the exact same thing happen to my car a few weeks ago -- friend of mine spotted it. Will mention it when I bring the car in for service in the future, and if not covered, I'll just get the CF one to replace it with since I prefer it anyhow. Let me know what you end up doing.
Same here, wife spotted it first.

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
There is a pattern here,have you noticed it only happens on VO cars ??? I suspect its because they are travelling quicker than all those other colours ;)

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Hey Rob if your interested I have one that I can sell you which I had removed from my car PM me and I will send you pictures and pricing. Cheers….:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts