McLaren Life banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I've just picked up a 2017 570gt, <2000miles on the clock.

Loving it, but surprised at the "thuds" from the front end when on the motorway and I drive over a cats-eye/road stud. either front wheel is the same and it almost sounds like the shock absorbers are loose. I plan to take it in to be looked at but anyone else has similar experiences? It is quite light on steering and reminded me of worn ball joints - but surely not at <2000 miles

Best regards ,

Jason

·
Registered
129 Posts
One thought -- I believe a carbon fiber cell has a different resonance/frequency than a steel one. When I go from my 911 GTS to my 570GT, the sound the GT makes vs the GTS is quite distinctive, always a sharp rap sound vs. the more subtle one of the 911. Must admit, I don't hear or feel the sense of something being loose that you do.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,

I've just picked up a 2017 570gt, <2000miles on the clock.

Loving it, but surprised at the "thuds" from the front end when on the motorway and I drive over a cats-eye/road stud. either front wheel is the same and it almost sounds like the shock absorbers are loose. I plan to take it in to be looked at but anyone else has similar experiences? It is quite light on steering and reminded me of worn ball joints - but surely not at <2000 miles

Best regards ,

Jason
Mine does that too. I was initially concerned but the car feels “tight” despite sounding exactly as you describe. If your dealer notes a concern, please share it 👍

1 - 3 of 3 Posts