McLaren Life banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added a front camera to their 570? What does it take to mate this to the IRIS? Thanks, Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks zerokewl. If you don't mind please share details once you have them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Feel free to sub out the stock rear camera while you’re at it. I’m still astounded, every time I see it... shockingly poor.
Yeah, I especially like the lightning-quick speed at which it refreshes as you are moving. Reminds me of when I was using a 300 baud modem. 🙄

·
Registered
208 Posts
Everyone realizes that McLaren put all this embarrassing tech in there as a ha!ha! Right?

It pokes fun at the $17K cars where the tech is functional but they are only able to be driven near legal speeds.

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
The rear camera on the 570 spider is significantly better than the early coupe’s. Any 2018 coupes should have the new one too. Mine (2018 spider) is pretty good (large display in the dash that is fast and clear), so not sure if you guys are talking about the earlier versions?

No idea why they ever did the IRIS version (small display on the iris that was terribly low res and slow).

Thanks!

Z.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The rear camera on the 570 spider is significantly better than the early coupe’s. Any 2018 coupes should have the new one too. Mine (2018 spider) is pretty good (large display in the dash that is fast and clear), so not sure if you guys are talking about the earlier versions?
Yes, mine is a 2017 coupe, displaying on the IRIS screen. I guess I’ve just assumed that it can’t be upgraded to the system on the 2018.

Rich

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes, mine is a 2017 coupe, displaying on the IRIS screen. I guess I’ve just assumed that it can’t be upgraded to the system on the 2018.

Rich
Was wondering the same thing. I thought a simple software update would fix that!? I have a 2017 GT with the shitty display in the IRIS screen :(

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
As far as I know, you can't upgrade the old style to the new style with just software. Once I get in to it though I'll be able to see more specifically.. So many projects, so little time :/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts